Make a donation

Author Topic: Insurance Fraud **Long Post**  (Read 5088 times)

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
Re: Insurance Fraud **Long Post**
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 05:07:31 pm »
i thought it impossible that of 48000 claims non were British while male...
#

awesome read.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 05:10:20 pm »
I think this is all based on his experiences. If you've seen a hundred geese and they are all white, it's reasonable to conclude that all geese are white. This may not be accurate as it only takes one black goose to knock that premise. If the large majority of fraud is committed by Asians, and the investigator only ever investigates a fraction of those cases, he may well find that all the cases he investigates are committed by Asians. If he investigated all fraudulent cases, he may change his stance.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 05:20:35 pm »
crimes are comitted by all races regardless of what it is!

some are maybe "more associated" with a particular race but either way, crime has no racial boundaries.

As what was stated before in this post, it is only his experience and not that of the other investigators plus no stats to back up his comments.

VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 05:22:08 pm »
I think it has all the hallmarks of a viral designed to stir up a bit of racial hatred.

Take an emotive subject guaranteed to get people angry. Go to great lengths to point out how "we", the white British are being had-over by "them" the immigrants and stick in a load of psuedo-fact by a secret source.

The usage of the gang's race all throughout is what bothers me. It could have been a very interesting article about how the fraud is being committed without any mention of who is doing it, and we'd have all been more 'aware'.

The usage of "white British" portrayed as the victim also bothers me. Are we saying that everyone else in Britain, who is a British national and doesn't have white skin is dishonest or ignored by these gangs??

It's all "we" the victim and "them" the barstewardss.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:29:19 pm by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 05:40:17 pm »
^^^^
Actually, Mike, it may well be viral. Afterall, why refer to the ethnic group of fraudsters at all? It's actually fairly irrelevant and only serves to cause me great worries when I see stealthwolf tailgating me  :laugh:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 05:47:45 pm »
I too perceived an undertone in this post, and not pleasant. I am a White British born male so I should have no problem what so ever getting away with this type of fraud (according to his Facts) as the police will be looking for a young Asian chap to wrongly arrest and stitch up.  
I have spent time in a Muslim country and being in a minority in one you really do learn to respect the minority groups in this country, after all it is all our country no matter what those w**kers from the BNP say!
 :happy2:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:49:43 pm by MC71 »

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 06:00:53 pm »
TBH, its not the racist comments (if they are, viral or genuine) that bothers me, its just the people doing it in general (whatever colour) that pees me off, it causes me to pay more money each year thats what bothers me.

MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline ConeKiller

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 06:04:08 pm »
I see everyones points but im going to go against the grain

until you work in the industry, you don't realise who commits the fraud.

95% of all my case files at the moment involve people who are from either polish or asian backgrounds

i am not a racist, i treat everyone the same, but the facts are the majority of the fraud is committed by people from these backgrounds.

saying that, one thats been closed a few weeks back, guy pretended he crashed in to a tunnel wall in a country lane when avoiding a deer, claiming injury for 5 males in the car, left his phone on after making the inital call to make a claim, laughing with his mates how much they will claim for... they are all white males!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 06:28:25 pm »

I see everyones points but im going to go against the grain

until you work in the industry, you don't realise who commits the fraud.

95% of all my case files at the moment involve people who are from either polish or asian backgrounds

i am not a racist, i treat everyone the same, but the facts are the majority of the fraud is committed by people from these backgrounds.

saying that, one thats been closed a few weeks back, guy pretended he crashed in to a tunnel wall in a country lane when avoiding a deer, claiming injury for 5 males in the car, left his phone on after making the inital call to make a claim, laughing with his mates how much they will claim for... they are all white males!

....Now the fact that you are someone on this forum who has 66 posts and therefore plenty to get a feel about what kind of guy you are (Oh sorry, are you a chick?), leads me to believe your words more than the words posted which we are discussing.

So perhaps it's a case of a few Asians/Polish spoiling the reputation of the majority. You could just as easily say that all folks living in posh houses in Surrey are con artists, or that all Black folks are stealers. Or even that all GTI drivers have no insurance.

Having said that, just as in any group of people, racial prejudices do exist and that includes the Police. But is there not a difference between racial prejudice and being a racist? Surely I am at liberty to say, for example, that I don't much like the Jewish stereotype of being mean because I fully realise they are not all like that.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Makaveli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 06:30:19 pm »
In my opinion people these days are so quick to play the blame game and group people. The question that really should be asked is what are the government doing about insurance premiums increasing year on year.

Personally I think this article is ridiculous, something similar could be written on other subjects e.g. war in Afghanistan/Iraq or the Banking crisis with so called facts that group people by race which have had the same type of financial impact on the average British citizen.

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 06:44:25 pm »
guys,

My intention wasnt to cause an argument on which ethnic group was committing this fraud or whether the article was racist, it was to highlight that this type of fraud is going on (as we all know) but more importantly, the advice given on what to do in the event of any car accident.
It was more concern for our wives/girlfriends/mums etc who might get caught up in one of these scams as the author mentions that the scammers seem to target lone female drivers.

Perhaps the author's colour commentary isnt necessary but even if you remove the word "asian" from his article, it doesnt make his points any less valid.

This type of fraud continues and our premiums keep going up FACT..

Rich

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 06:54:19 pm »
Rich, I didn't mean to imply you'd had any agenda other than to highlight the fraud.  :happy2:

It's a perfectly valid article, that's had a bit of a slant added to it. Subtle, but nasty slant IMO.
Sideways yo!

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 07:34:03 pm »

....As an Asian from Birmingham, are you worried about this?  :grin:

As a young Asian male in a hatchback, is it me who should be worried? Or should it be you RR, when you spot me in front of you!  :innocent:

i'd have thought you were the dodgy GP signing everyone off  :signLOL:

as another "young Asian male" i don't find this offensive - mainly because Asia is a big place and Farsi is not a language my people speak so why should i be offended lol. besides, fact is fact. it's not racist.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:37:07 pm by sub39h »
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 09:03:02 pm »

....As an Asian from Birmingham, are you worried about this?  :grin:

As a young Asian male in a hatchback, is it me who should be worried? Or should it be you RR, when you spot me in front of you!  :innocent:

Stealth if your waving you pert rear end in front of RR i think it's you who should be worried, especially if he has his magic cloth with him.  :laugh: :laugh:
Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 09:07:06 pm »
I thought there were under tones in the way it has been written, you can write articles like this and more clearly state facts without the undertones.

I did see a piece on the tv the other night that 92% of all bank machine cash card fraud is commited by Romanian Nationals, and that was a police statistic, now i don't know about you but i think i know a way to reduce cash machine fraud by circa 92% over night. 
Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI