Make a donation

Author Topic: My candy white edition 30 new mods & pics!!  (Read 14121 times)

Offline GOLDENBOY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
My candy white edition 30 new mods & pics!!
« on: April 09, 2012, 09:27:15 pm »
After having my much loved steel grey gti been written off, ( long story, cut it short ) took my misses to doctors, i waited in the car for her, while she went in, switched car off music on, all sudden i could see car, coming at me with high speed!!!!!! :stupid: a crazied older lady driving a automatic slipped off brake, slammed on acceleration reversed full speed into me while i was in it, turned me 90 degrees pushing and spinning me into two other parked cars :sad1: messy is not the word!!!!! the older lady went flying out the car with the impact............ all what mattered was she was ok which she was, you can replace metal, that was the end of that car and the story!!! Always wanted edition 30 so decided on buying a candy white took me over 4 months to find almost gave up on it after spending endless hours on the net!!!! well worth the wait!!!!!! :jumpmove: most importantly come with xenons.

Just couple mods so far pescaras done in anthracite
Black badge
Led sidelights
Led number plate

The next month i will be getting important things done first which is cambelt and water pump change, spark plugs and dv changed, then be looking get stone chips done, h&r springs, RNS510, full s3/r32 brake kit ( brakes seem terrible on edition 30)!!!!!! Then will be looking at the serious mods
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 12:14:09 am by GOLDENBOY »
Candy white edition 30 / Revo stage 1 / Itg maxogen / xenons/ R32 brakes front/rear/ H&r springs / cruise/ open fogs/ Rns-510

Offline mines a leon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 6
Re: My candy white edition 30!!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 09:31:06 pm »
Which tuning company you gunna go with!?
APR stage 3 Leon! Custom mapped! K04 Powaaahhh

With a willy waving 350bhp!

Offline GOLDENBOY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 09:39:37 pm »
Not sure who to go with yet, will be doing some research in it, before i make the jump!!!! :happy2:
Candy white edition 30 / Revo stage 1 / Itg maxogen / xenons/ R32 brakes front/rear/ H&r springs / cruise/ open fogs/ Rns-510

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 10:15:00 pm »
Your story in the car park sounds mental mate  :stupid: Bad streak of luck there  :confused: Glad everyone was okay.

To be fair, you've come out of it rather well in car terms - that Ed30 is stunning. I've always said black or CW in 3 door for the Edition 30 are the hottest two combos'  :happy2:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 10:35:36 pm by rdfcpete »
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline CarrG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 10:24:26 pm »
Looks great mate. Got a soft spot for CW  :drool:
K1 Revo 2+
Ibis RS3
VW California 180 DSG "Candy"!

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 10:32:45 pm »
Looks cool Karl, Very nice.
Didn't realise that the collision was quite that bad, were you hurt?

I'm considering P torque in Wombourne to get a stage 2 map done, they do rolling roads before and after (and are well priced!)

Offline George

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 10:39:26 pm »
Looks nice mate, I also have a candy white ED30 with Xenons  :happy2: Took me a year to find the right car

What are your tuning plans? Where are you based?

Offline GOLDENBOY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 06:25:08 am »
Thanks for comments guys, i was lucky with the smash lets just say good job i was in golf  :wink: No serious damage just good kicking!! my back bit if a worry though being self employed,  the car held together well. Always nervous now when people parking up and reverse beside me!!!!!  :mad: I was looking at p torque  for stage 1 heard nothing but good reviews  :happy2: im based in wolverhampton george,

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 08:03:40 am »
Ed30 looks absolutely perfect mate :happy2:

Don't forget to add the Sharan stubby aerial to your mod list. (under a tenner on eBay)  :wink:

Other than that your planned mods are bang on! RNS510, H&R's, S3/R32/NQSBBK  :notworthy:

(love those Pescys in Anthracite too)  :drool:

Offline GOLDENBOY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 10:13:34 am »
Too right monte,  :happy2: i will have get rid that terrible aerial may go for shark fin aerial?? I currently have bog standard headunit with no cd changer or ipod connection what would i need to get Rns510 led up and running???  :rolleye:

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 11:52:09 am »
Looks great mate. Got a soft spot for CW  :drool:

My thoughts exactly  :happy2:

Offline GOLDENBOY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 08:49:24 pm »
Having recently bought new pad the car mods have been put on hold with time and money being eaten up with the house!!  :sad1: I set about doing the important things first having major service done, cambelt changed and new divert value fitted. Car feels felt alot better with dv done, alot more responsive!!!! I had a full detail booked in with russ detailer first few days i bought the car, i had to wait quite a while to get it done but welll worth the wait!!! :notworthy:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,47761.0.html

Next up was get brake upgrade, standard brakes are terrible wanted get them fitted before i get it remapped, bought R32/ S3 fronts and rears had them refurbed by daveb. He did excellent job on these look like new!!!!

The Fronts made massive improvement once bedded in,couldnt stop testing them out at high speeds :jumping:, still waiting to get rears fitted when get time to get it booked in.

The car was in need to be lowered and wanted it stiffing up abit cornering,my previous gti had H&R springs fitted ride height and quality was perfect so stuck to what i knew and had them fitted to the car 30mm drop, excuse p*ss poor photos will get some done properly, Having had the springs fitted with the heavier brakes on the front you do notice the extra weight on pot holes but this was to be expected.

The next mod up is twintake or ITG which i cant decide on????? :confused: and stage 1 remap
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 10:41:37 pm by GOLDENBOY »

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: My candy white edition 30 Updates!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 09:15:11 pm »

Brakes look great.  Did you go for alloy Cupra/TT lower arms to offset some of the extra weight of the bigger setup?

Offline S800BRN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 27
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 10:05:33 pm »
Absolutely stunning car, mate. Always loved Candy Eddies.
Nice subtle mods too.

Offline GOLDENBOY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 11:14:39 pm »

Brakes look great.  Did you go for alloy Cupra/TT lower arms to offset some of the extra weight of the bigger setup?

how do i look into lower arms to offset the extra weight???

Absolutely stunning car, mate. Always loved Candy Eddies.
Nice subtle mods too.

Thanks for kind words mate!!!