Make a donation

Author Topic: Latest PCV Overhaul  (Read 1448 times)

Offline George

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
Latest PCV Overhaul
« on: April 10, 2012, 10:36:59 am »
I want to update the PCV system on my 2008 Edition 30 with the latest OEM parts.

I've done various searches on this aswell as calling my local VW Dealership and TPS but can't find anything conclusive or up to date.

I believe I need the following

PCV system with valve that fits on the front of the rocker cover
Rubber gasket to suit above
Breather hose that fits on the back of the engine

Is there anything else that needs fitting? Please can someone confirm the part numbers for the latest revisions of the above items.

Maybe we can make this a sticky too?  :happy2:

Offline mk5craig

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Latest PCV Overhaul
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 10:59:22 am »
I brought the newest pcv valve saturday just gone which was 06f 129 101P  however this is only works on 2007 onwards as i found out so if your pre 2007 then you need the the same part number but N on the end  (please check for yourselves to confirm), when i changed mine i didnt need to replace any of the gaskets or pipes i think its only if necessary

I have the pcv for sale now as its no good for my 2005 gti

Craig

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 01:07:28 pm »
Replied by PM :happy2:
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline George

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 03:44:32 pm »
Thanks Matt,

I called my local dealer today who recognised the P revision of the PCV system but said it didn't match my engine code (BYD) and it was only suited to the BPY engine code. He wouldn't give me the full part numbers, but said the part number for both the PCV system and the breather pipe for my car ends in an N.

Can anyone confirm this please? I thought my car would use the P revision and also need the valved rear breather hose as it's a 2008 08 model

As Matt (56octyvrs) has told me, if I'm going to use a revision N PCV I don't need a breather pipe as it isn't valved.

Maybe someone with ETKA could help me determin which is the latest PCV system for each engine code: BYD, BWA, BPY?

Thanks  :happy2: