Make a donation

Author Topic: Jim says Hi! (and yes its another leon....)  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Jimbo_h

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Jim says Hi! (and yes its another leon....)
« on: April 11, 2012, 09:37:04 am »
Hi all just thought I'd pop a quick message up to say hi everyone, I've got a Leon FR TDI with a few extras. I've had a look on this site a few times in the past but signed up after Tfsi_Mike pointed me in this direction for some tastier brakes.

so far it had
a DPF delete
CC2 remap
eibach coilovers
18" leggys
EBC discs/red stuff pads
helix stage 2 clutch with SMF
scorpion STR exhaust
white RARB
some blue wrap
and a new grill

Anyhow here's a couple of pics of the derv

how it started

plus a bit more

new exhaust

last mini mod

CW MkV GTI | DSG | Driver Motorsport tune | HPFP | SPM downpipe | Sach performance coilovers | Volant CAI | 18" Oz Ultraleggeras | SPM ARBs

Offline Weston

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 32
Re: Jim says Hi! (and yes its another leon....)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 08:58:44 pm »
Welcome, looks smart  :happy2:
GTI going...

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 09:07:50 pm »
nice :happy2:

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 12:25:50 am »
lovely car! are those alloys of oz family?
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 12:36:45 am »
Super looking motor mate, well in  :happy2:

I'd have kept the silver look factory mirrors personally, with a darker coloured car. Very OEM + which I like, maybe the blue will grow...

Look like Ultraleggera's in 19x8.5?

Have to let us know what kind of power she sees and how it drives over standard  :driver:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline JackG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 10:46:53 am »
welcome along buddy looks good,

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline Jimbo_h

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 01:21:12 pm »
Welcome, looks smart  :happy2:

thank very much

nice :happy2:

cheers

lovely car! are those alloys of oz family?

yes they are, OZ ultraleggers (nice and light :smiley:)

Super looking motor mate, well in  :happy2:

I'd have kept the silver look factory mirrors personally, with a darker coloured car. Very OEM + which I like, maybe the blue will grow...

Look like Ultraleggera's in 19x8.5?

Have to let us know what kind of power she sees and how it drives over standard  :driver:

cheers, I'm in two minds whether to keep the blue caps as well. Its only a wrap so can easily come off, I just didn't like the OEM silver and didn't wanna make them black like the cupra (been done 2 many times). I might get another colour thats a bit darker.

The leggys are 18x8 et45. Really wanted to get 19s but I do 25k miles a yr so my sensible head got the better of me (better ride comfort/slightly cheaper tyres).

Power is around 210-220bhp/340lbs ft of torque, depends whoose RR you believe. JBS (who did the de-dpf/remap) quote 240bhp :surprised: but I'm very very sure its nowhere near that

The drive is a hell of a lot better that when standard, the eibach coilies (pro steet S) are set up slightly softer than the likes of KW which makes for a nice daily however when you're pushing on and you hit a small dip in the road the underneath of front bumper can scrap the ground. This is begining to piss me off a bit and I've been wondering if a stiffer spring will sort it out? I could raise the front a bit (lowered 45mm at the front/35mm at the rear) but I don't want it to go back to the tractor like height it was when standard.

The whiteline rear ARB (24mm adjustable) is a big  :happy2:, I would recomend this to anyone who wants to sharpen the handling. Makes it feel so much more planted and pointier around the bends (a big plus in milton keynes with all those round-a-bouts)

The STR/Scorpion exhaust, not very loud, just enough to know its not OEM, but has made it a bit smoother in delivering the power (got a mate whos got the same but with no back box and thats too loud!)

Helix clutch/SMF, TBF the first one I had installed one of the return springs in the clutch plate came loose (gods knows how, still waiting to hear back on that one) and jammed the plate against the housing so it wouldn't engage, nightmare to sort out (and not cheap either). Its now sorted and working 100%, it clatters a little when the clutch is out while at a standstill, once on the move its all OEM. The pedal it a little stiffer but not crazily so.

So next is the brakes, got EBC front discs/red stuff pads at the mo'. These are fine for a bit of spirited driving but I'm wanting something to pull your eyeballs out the sockets (and track days) so TfsiMike has told me to have a look at his set up, they look the nuts but I'm still checking out whats out there.

Anyway thats about it for now, thanks for the comments on the motor. Any recomendations please fire away!

CW MkV GTI | DSG | Driver Motorsport tune | HPFP | SPM downpipe | Sach performance coilovers | Volant CAI | 18" Oz Ultraleggeras | SPM ARBs

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 01:26:26 pm »

Welcome along,

Looks nice. Andrews soot chucker your refering to with the LOUD system? lol

Id Love some Ultraleggeras  :party: :party:

Mike

Offline Jimbo_h

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 01:45:45 pm »

Welcome along,

Looks nice. Andrews soot chucker your refering to with the LOUD system? lol

Id Love some Ultraleggeras  :party: :party:

Mike

Sure am, did find it funny he had to put the rear interior back in 'cos it was too loud. Sounds good though