Make a donation

Author Topic: BSH Speedshop bought by REVO  (Read 6165 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: BSH Speedshop bought by REVO
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 10:46:23 pm »

I'd expect to see a big response to APR's turbo kit coming very soon. And so the games begin again - Who has the most power? Aggressive attacks on product quality. Fanboy forum arguments. Pissing contests. Bullsh*t dyno results..... Yawn.

Question is, who'll be the first person who jumped to APR to go back to REVO??

:popcornsoda:

..... http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45828.0.html  :laugh:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 12:07:38 am »
I'd expect to see a big response to APR's turbo kit coming very soon. And so the games begin again - Who has the most power? Aggressive attacks on product quality. Fanboy forum arguments. Pissing contests. Bullsh*t dyno results..... Yawn.

Question is, who'll be the first person who jumped to APR to go back to REVO??

:popcornsoda:

:signLOL:  :popcornsoda:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 12:12:16 am »
Cant imagine the 'buy-out and amalgamate companies' routine that APR and REVO are doing right now is going to be good for the smaller tuners, however REVO and APR are pretty much going to be one stop shops now for everything from software though to hardware and custom work.

The main issue i foresee is prices wont be dropping anytime soon as their overheads will be getting larger surely, plus R&D isnt cheap.

It would have been nice to see the big companies reducing the price of the TFSI maps now.  The engine has been out for about 7 years so its hardly about recovering the cost of the initial R&D now surely

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=bebobtc0l3hh0c7ndhsng9da75&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 12:13:57 am »
Well I can tell you now that what ever car i get next, a APR or REVO map won't be going anywhere near it.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 12:14:57 am »
Well I can tell you now that what ever car i get next, a APR or REVO map won't be going anywhere near it.

as inthey have priced themselves out of custom or you dont rate them?

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=bebobtc0l3hh0c7ndhsng9da75&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 12:21:40 am »

I don't like what either of them are doing at the moment. They are both hell bent on getting one up on each other. I wonder which on of them is gonna try and buy Forge.  :signLOL:

Ill either take my car to R-tech or PDT depending on what car I get.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 08:51:22 am »

I don't like what either of them are doing at the moment. They are both hell bent on getting one up on each other. I wonder which on of them is gonna try and buy Forge.  :signLOL:

....Or get the sort of car whose performance doesn't need remapping.

Rich, you are a man of principle rather like myself  :drinking:. Personally I would probably still go to Revo again - Their B/T/F adjustability has been invaluable.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 11:22:21 am »
Looks like Revo are responding quickly to the re-emergence of APR in the UK. I think that there will be plenty of positives and negatives to come out of this battle for the Market share. There's only one way to resolve this..................

FIGHT!!!!!
Golf R gone.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 01:01:46 pm »
Personally I would probably still go to Revo again - Their B/T/F adjustability has been invaluable.

But thats not an option on the later ECUs in the Mk6 TSI.  They just switch between 95/98 and 99ron maps now.  B/F/T are fixed at what the dealer sets it at

---

iirc the reason JonnyC went with APR was because they can develop the hardware and build it all themselves.  Since REVO are now in bed with stasis and BSH id say theres ahuge amount of hardware they can develop so now we have two big tuning companies in the UK who can almost offer a one stop shop
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:07:03 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2012, 06:32:11 pm »
Doesnt say anything about BSH, But hopefully Revo will make a nice RHD manifold like the BSH one as all the big turbo kits are LHD and you have to make alot of custom parts for them to fit.

For Sale - Airlift Performance Struts & Accuair Elevel/Ilevel Management - 18" BBS E28 Magnesium Split Wheels, Carbon Fibre Front Splitter
Old Car 2009 Audi S3 365bhp Gone - New Car 2013 C63 Amg Now With 525bhp

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2012, 06:40:20 pm »
Doesnt say anything about BSH, But hopefully Revo will make a nice RHD manifold like the BSH one as all the big turbo kits are LHD and you have to make alot of custom parts for them to fit.

This could still be an issue as both stasis and BSH are american so will obviously concentrate on the larger market more than us here in the UK.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2012, 06:41:08 pm »

That's business, Rich - compete or die.

So long as it doesn't turn into the farce of the early days, then hopefully it'll be good in the long run for all customers.
Sideways yo!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2012, 06:42:39 pm »

This could still be an issue as both stasis and BSH are american so will obviously concentrate on the larger market more than us here in the UK.

There's also Japan, Australia and many other huge RHD markets  :happy2:
Sideways yo!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2012, 07:34:08 pm »

That's business, Rich - compete or die.

So long as it doesn't turn into the farce of the early days, then hopefully it'll be good in the long run for all customers.

Yeah thats true mike. Bit it's so 'cat and mouse'. Try need to grow up.