Make a donation

Author Topic: Car Rental - Specific Make/Model  (Read 824 times)

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
Car Rental - Specific Make/Model
« on: April 11, 2012, 11:07:41 pm »
As I'm extremely unsure on a few cars further down the line to replace the GTI, I was keen to actually live with one for a few days.

Now I'm 25, the rental itself shouldn't be an issue. What I'm looking for is a BMW 325d M Sport coupe specifically with a manual box.
Fairly open to costs.

Wanted to pick everyone's brains on where on earth this might be possible, so I get a good idea what it'd be like to live with and what costs are like alongside the GTI for around a week or so?

Appreciate any sensible offers on rental/hire with such a specific model in mind.
It will without doubt be a used car I purchase (around a 2008/2009 plate) so going directly to BMW won't hold any weight.

Thanks.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
Re: Car Rental - Specific Make/Model
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 01:40:22 am »
As I'm extremely unsure on a few cars further down the line to replace the GTI, I was keen to actually live with one for a few days.

Now I'm 25, the rental itself shouldn't be an issue. What I'm looking for is a BMW 325d M Sport coupe specifically with a manual box.
Fairly open to costs.

Wanted to pick everyone's brains on where on earth this might be possible, so I get a good idea what it'd be like to live with and what costs are like alongside the GTI for around a week or so?

Appreciate any sensible offers on rental/hire with such a specific model in mind.
It will without doubt be a used car I purchase (around a 2008/2009 plate) so going directly to BMW won't hold any weight.

Thanks.

Go to a BMW dealer and ask to take one for an extended test drive.  Say you need to see what its like on your commute.  Audi were certainly very accommodating with me although it was only for a day rather than days. 

Avis do some fairly exotic hire cars but to be honest I think you'd be lucky to find what you are looking for. 
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant