Make a donation

Author Topic: croydon underpass parking - warning to users -  (Read 1853 times)

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
croydon underpass parking - warning to users -
« on: April 12, 2012, 07:06:14 pm »
just to let everyone know do not park in the croydon car park under the flyover by the royal standard pub before 7pm during mon tues or wednesday and before 4pm thurs fri and saturday.

there is a camera that records your plate and you will receive a fine if you park there despite paying or not for a ticket. i was just told there has already been a lot of people fined and the camera is new.

i dont know whether its as soon as you go in you have a time before the fine to give you a chance to turn around or not and it gets you as soon as you drive in.

crooks!

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: croydon underpass parking - warning to users -
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 07:21:10 pm »
just to let everyone know do not park in the croydon car park under the flyover by the royal standard pub before 7pm during mon tues or wednesday and before 4pm thurs fri and saturday.

there is a camera that records your plate and you will receive a fine if you park there despite paying or not for a ticket. i was just told there has already been a lot of people fined and the camera is new.

i dont know whether its as soon as you go in you have a time before the fine to give you a chance to turn around or not and it gets you as soon as you drive in.

crooks!

Is it from a City Council? If not it's not a fine and it's not legally enforcable. Just ignore it
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline WT007

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 08:21:54 pm »
Lucky you car was still there

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 09:05:06 am »
council I believe, I was really lucky and went after the times on both wed and yesterday.

f***ers, its just a money making scam 

Offline Rampage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 11:11:41 am »
Sorry buddy, I'm probably being thick... but what basis are they fining drivers if they have paid for a ticket?

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 11:25:16 am »
Because its 'reserved parking' between these hours

Mon - Wed
am - 7pm

thurs - sun (i think sun)

am - 4pm

meaning you can't park there as its only permit holders or reserved parking for those with permission. I presume the machines are probably turned off to prevent you from buying a ticket but thats what I was told  :stupid:

and I've just looked at the car park on google maps - its the car park on wandle road and is council, there is a sign and saying permit holders only and paid parking but if you look closely you can see the times below in small enough writing and you can see the cameras.

its the open car park not the multi level one.

Offline jimojameso

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 11:27:59 am »
Thanks for the heads up!! They really are scallywags!!  :fighting:
2010 Audi TT RS - Sepang Blue - 420BHP, 600NM

Offline Rampage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 11:32:09 am »
Thanks for the warning mate.
Councils really are taking the mick with their new cctv fining powers. What's next a £90 fine for turning on your A/C whilst driving? Oh dear...  :sad1:

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 11:36:53 am »
i've been stung before in lambeth as another trick the council do is have one side for permit holders and the other side for tickets so if you mistakenly look at the ticket side and asume this is for the whole road then proceed to park on the opposite side your stuffed, £60.00 dot com. easy money!
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 11:39:33 am »
tell me about it, I refuse to pay and private company and where my miss's lived a year back may have helped watched someone remove a clamp - they are the real scum " maximum fine £240 for parking over the bay because we think thats appripriote" yadda yadda (want to add that that wasnt actually why he was clamped it was because he parked in a block of flats whilst visiting his friend who didnt have a car and used that space)

oh next it will be the seat belts for sure where the camera can determine whether you are wearing a seatbelt or not (don't ask me how google it) and I reckon average speed cameras on main public roads.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:41:36 am by nezquick »

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 12:19:03 pm »
^^

I don’t have an issue with that camera being used for seat belts (should always be worn) or mobiles (should not be used while driving) but the main concern I have with all this new tech is once it is introduced then it will probably be used for a number of other reasons just to make money!
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 12:46:16 pm »
^^

I don’t have an issue with that camera being used for seat belts (should always be worn) or mobiles (should not be used while driving) but the main concern I have with all this new tech is once it is introduced then it will probably be used for a number of other reasons just to make money!

dont get me wrong i agree 100% with seatbelts and phones there is no excuse not to wear one or be on the phone (particularly the phone) and meant it as a "this will be the next thing to happen with cameras"  :smiley: