Make a donation

Author Topic: Climate Control Mod  (Read 2237 times)

Offline ianv5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 12
Climate Control Mod
« on: April 16, 2012, 02:12:23 pm »
As above, I have a 2005 Golf Gti with Climate control, however mine does not have the dual function as per this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MK5-GOLF-GTI-CLIMATE-CONTROL-HEATER-CONTROLS-PANEL-1K0-907-044-BD-1K0907044BD-/170779673885?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c343051d.

I just wondered if it is just a simple replacement job or do I need additional wiring for the dual function?

Offline Banham

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
  • GTI MK6
    • Email
Re: Climate Control Mod
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 06:54:10 pm »
As far i am aware, it is possible to do but takes alot of time and hassel. Have to take majority of the front dash out to get behind there for wiring etc. but im sure someone can explain in futher depth for you

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 08:15:19 pm »
I looked in to doing this and i was told it would be a dash out job, you would need alot of parts, loom and tbh wouldnt be much better than what ive already got, if you had a full donor car then yes worth doing but buying all the parts seperate would make it cost a bomb
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 08:26:04 pm »
If you have climate panel already then that part will be a straight swop, however you wont get anything extra from fitting the part in the ebay auction apart from an extra button, you can already set the dual function y holding the auto button down which will make both sides temperature adjust with the drivers temp control.  That is all the dual button does.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline ianv5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 10:05:23 pm »
If you have climate panel already then that part will be a straight swop, however you wont get anything extra from fitting the part in the ebay auction apart from an extra button, you can already set the dual function y holding the auto button down which will make both sides temperature adjust with the drivers temp control.  That is all the dual button does.

Thanks learnt something new today! Will try it out tomorrow, so no need to change controls!

Offline ianv5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 08:57:42 am »

Thanks learnt something new today! Will try it out tomorrow, so no need to change controls!

Worked a treat  :happy2: