Make a donation

Author Topic: WINDOWS OPENED THEMSELVES OVERNIGHT!!!  (Read 2383 times)

Offline Ashley g

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Durward's Autoshop
    • Email
WINDOWS OPENED THEMSELVES OVERNIGHT!!!
« on: April 19, 2012, 01:49:02 pm »
I've got a bit of a strange problem with My car. Last night I was woken to the sound of a car alarm going off which stopped after a while. Then 10 mins later it went off again, so I sprung out of bed to have a look out the window and it was My car!! I pressed the unlock button then the lock button on the remote then went back to sleep...........for half an hour, then off it goes again! So I get dressed and go outside in the rain only to discover both my windows have opened themselves during the night and I now have soaked seats and door cards etc.
I put the windows back up, locked the car via the fob and went back to bed. Woke up this morning to go to work and everything was normal.
Has this happened to anyone else?
2007 Edition 30, build number 30 - APR Stealth TBE - APR HPFP- APR stage 2 remap - Custom CAI - KW Clubsports - 10mm spacers on rear - VW Motorsport LSD, clutch & quick shift - A few poly bushes here and there!

*SOLD AND I MISS IT!! ANYONE SELLING A NICE ED30 PM ME* - UPDATE - I HAVE IT BACK!!!

Offline ktlstar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Re: WINDOWS OPENED THEMSELVES OVERNIGHT!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 02:08:26 pm »
Its known to the BMW mini coopers. IIRC you can re program the windows. Have a google .
- #1240 ED30 Revo STAGE2+
- Southeast - Vag Com owner

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 02:09:48 pm »
my friend has a mini cooper soft top and regularly comes out in the morning to find his roof has gone down!! haha! BMW build quality right there!  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Steve Baker

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 02:13:52 pm »
I've got a bit of a strange problem with My car. Last night I was woken to the sound of a car alarm going off which stopped after a while. Then 10 mins later it went off again, so I sprung out of bed to have a look out the window and it was My car!! I pressed the unlock button then the lock button on the remote then went back to sleep...........for half an hour, then off it goes again! So I get dressed and go outside in the rain only to discover both my windows have opened themselves during the night and I now have soaked seats and door cards etc.
I put the windows back up, locked the car via the fob and went back to bed. Woke up this morning to go to work and everything was normal.

Is it possible when you locked and left the car you accidentally pressed and held the unlock button in your pocket?............I think I am right in saying this would unlock the car and lower the windows. If one of the doors isn't then opened the car will relock and set alarm BUT windows will stay down.
Just a thought.  :smiley:
Steve Baker

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 02:19:13 pm »

Is it possible when you locked and left the car you accidentally pressed and held the unlock button in your pocket?............I think I am right in saying this would unlock the car and lower the windows. If one of the doors isn't then opened the car will relock and set alarm BUT windows will stay down.
Just a thought.  :smiley:

But the alarm was still armed so maybe something else.
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 02:22:17 pm »
I recall this being a known issue with the earlier models. Can't remember what the solution was. A search of the site may help.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Steve Baker

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 1
Steve Baker