Make a donation

Author Topic: Covered in tar  (Read 1364 times)

Offline The wheel man

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Covered in tar
« on: May 13, 2009, 12:59:07 pm »
 :sad:  As per title realy.  driving to work yesterday and passed a truck that was re laying stones on the road.  I went one the kerd on the opposit side of the road to avoid it all.  got to work and i have tar all over my passenger side wheels, over the front left wing, door & rear 3/4 pannel.  Its covered the bottom part of my skirt (that that type  :wink:) and looks right f***ing mess

Any advise on whats best to get it off without buggering up the paint............  seriously thinking of writing a letter to the councill, i mean re laying a road @ 8.20 in the morning is going to cover a lot of cars in the s*it and some are going to be looked after  :mad:
APR cat back, ECS Insert

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: Covered in tar
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 01:12:29 pm »
try some Tardis mate, it sounds like you need exactly this! ;)

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000002.pl?REFPAGE=http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/&WD=tardis&SHOP=%20&PN=autosmart-tardis-clean.html%23aAS1#aAS1

dont be put off by it being 5L, you will get thru it quickly and its a great product. it will strip wax though, but so would any other solution to your problem

spray on the tardis, let it sit for 5 mins, then with a wet microfibre cloth, try to softly buff off the tar. it shouldnt take much pressure.

I suggest this method as it is a lot less abrasive than clay. if there is some tar remaining, then i would suggest clay!

hope this helps

Jay

Offline autoperfection.com

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 28
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 02:40:18 pm »
As Jay says - Tardis will certainly do a job for you here..  use as Jay advises and you wont go wrong..

if you do need a smaller amount we can help...

regards

Taryn and Jim :happy2:

Offline The wheel man

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 05:48:45 pm »
thanks guys, i think i will see what the councill say.  If i dont get it done by a pro (paid by them!) then i will get some  :happy2:
APR cat back, ECS Insert