Make a donation

Author Topic: Airbag Warning Light  (Read 3638 times)

Offline RossL

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Airbag Warning Light
« on: April 21, 2012, 09:03:41 pm »
Quick Question Guys, Had the Airbag Light come on today.

Was driving the car this morning all was fine. Got home, hoovered the car, washed it outside, started it and it came on.

I immediatly thought about it being the seats so I disconnected the battery, took the bolts out so I could tilt them back, disconnected all the wires and reconnected to them. Put the battery back on and its still their.

I had taken the seats out previously to clean all the interior and that was roughly a month or two ago.

The light is still on now. Silly question without having the car plugged in but does anyone know if this could be something bigger ? I did google the problem and have seen a few people with the issue and they have had the light turned off and its came back again and again.

Anyone else experienced this ?
Ross.

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
Re: Airbag Warning Light
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 09:11:56 pm »
you need someone with Vag-com to switch the warning light out
If it comes back again you may need to solder the wires

Look here to see who is near you

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,120.0.html
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline campbell511

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 09:24:16 pm »
My boss had his warning light on and it was down to a faulty "impact sensor" in the drivers door.

Offline RossL

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 08:17:00 am »
Had the light turned off yesterday, £20.

Will have to me more caerful when hoovering under the seats now.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 08:39:14 am »
If the warning light stays illuminated permanently beyond the ignition system checks, doesn't it indicate a potentially serious fault? - i.e. that your airbags won't function in the event of an accident.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 08:57:26 am »
As Eddie says you can solder the wires or there is a mod kit which is probably less that £20 to buy  :evilgrin:
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Type_R

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 08:06:53 pm »
If the warning light stays illuminated permanently beyond the ignition system checks, doesn't it indicate a potentially serious fault? - i.e. that your airbags won't function in the event of an accident.

Could someone please confirm that this is the case? i.e. If the airbag fault beeps at startup none of the airbags are functional!

Offline rengti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 08:36:24 pm »
I don't know if its a serious problem.

Mine came on, turned out my sensor disconnected under the seat whilst moving it backwards and forwards...had it turned off with Vag Com but then the other day i moved my seat forward and next thing, it had re-appeared...mine stays on permanently now until i can be arsed to get it removed again!

Offline callis

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 03:51:56 pm »
My airbag light came on when i went over a cattle grid, Took seat out, cut off the connector, soldered the wires together, turned off light with VAG-com. never had it come back on.

:)
05 GTI 5 Door, sunroof, met paint, 18" monza, Leather Anthacite, front centre armrest, xenon headlights, Lux pack 2, Sensors, Winter Pack.

Type_R

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 04:31:37 pm »
Many thanks to BigAl for scanning my car earlier today:

1 Fault Found:
01217 - Side Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N199)
            001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent - MIL ON

I have checked all the connections under the driver's seat. Everything seems well connected.

Does anyone know if the side airbag it is talking about is indeed the airbag in the seat? Its not the curtain airbag is it?