Make a donation

Author Topic: Xenon Headlight Wiring  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Luka

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 32
Xenon Headlight Wiring
« on: April 19, 2012, 08:21:45 pm »
Hi.

Trying to make my own looms for the xenon headlights. I've found a wiring diagram but not sure it's quite right for me. I'm looking to get the auto levelling into the adaptor. Is this possible or would I need to hard wire them up? Basically looking to get all the functions working with the loom so when I do come to remove the lights/sell the car, I can just unplug.

Many Thanks,
Luke.
Sold - 2006 Tornado Red GTI 3dr

Offline beetie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 15
Re: Xenon Headlight Wiring
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 05:41:22 pm »
Don't know if it's possible but I don't see why not.

Check through my old posts (luckily there aren't many) and you'll find a xenon thread where I have linked to wiring diagrams for both xenons and halogens

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
Re: Xenon Headlight Wiring
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 01:16:14 pm »
it is possible, i've done exactly the same thing, but the BEST option if your going to be removing the bits when you sell the car is to get the 10-12 pin adapters and then hardwire the auto-levelling wires directly into the 12pin connector:

you'll need either the repair wire '000 979 131 e' OR (and this is my personal recommendation) the repair pins 'N 103 358 07', this would allow you to run the direct wire from the xenon levelling controller directly to the headlight plug (the 12pin one), and then just crimp the terminal pin (the 'N' number) onto the end of the wire and push that into the 12 pin plug..job done. when you come to sell you can remove the auto levelling wires from the 12 pin plug (easy with either a terminal extracter - a must have, or a paperclip) and just extract the wiring back out of the car along with your auto levelling controller

good luck!
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...