Make a donation

Author Topic: Paypal payments.... as a gift  (Read 3646 times)

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
Re: Paypal payments.... as a gift
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 02:03:26 pm »
Ive just paid over 5% fees this morning for some stuff going out to the far east, its too expensive to suffer.

If somebody puts ppg as an acceptable method pf payment on an advert and it doesnt sit well then dont respond to the ad.

Alternatively pay via normal paypal and add the fees tp the amount.

Bear in mind paypal is a HUGE risk for the SELLER as well..... to be asked to pay a premium to potentially lose your money is a p1sstake imvho

Paypal provides all the protection for the buyer if the buyer wants that protection then its not unreasonable to expect somebody to pay extra

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 03:14:23 pm »
If someone states 'Payment by Paypal gift', I make sure they are an established forum member, and then use one of many websites to see how much I would have to send for them to recive the amount they specified for the item.

eg - they want a £10 by gift, I use the Paypal calculator and send £10 plus X to cover fees.  It is a really small price to pay for piece of mind.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 10:27:07 am »
Simples, for piece of mind dont send "Gift" payments!.

Ebay does not allow them for 2 reasons, 1. the buyer has no claim for goods not received (or claimed not received) and we all know Fee-Pay is about protecting the buyers and ripping off the selllers!, 2. paypal does not make 3.4% on your payment!

If you know the person well you take your chances, if you dont know them well, let someone else take the chance of getting ripped off or pay the extra and send a full paypal payment.
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Dp_Ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 03:56:12 pm »
Ive just paid over 5% fees this morning for some stuff going out to the far east, its too expensive to suffer.

If somebody puts ppg as an acceptable method pf payment on an advert and it doesnt sit well then dont respond to the ad.

Alternatively pay via normal paypal and add the fees tp the amount.

Bear in mind paypal is a HUGE risk for the SELLER as well..... to be asked to pay a premium to potentially lose your money is a p1sstake imvho

Paypal provides all the protection for the buyer if the buyer wants that protection then its not unreasonable to expect somebody to pay extra

Agree 100% been stung a few times including a guy who "didn't receive a set of wheels he bought" yet when I drove it his house there they were on his car :fighting: