Make a donation

Author Topic: A road trip to Germany...  (Read 3626 times)

kgordon

Re: A road trip to Germany...
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 08:13:57 am »
going on a roadtrip is definitely the way to do it, because this would mean more fun and adventure especially if you know you have good company because it could mean more unexpected stuff happening along the way plus it gives you much more time to discover places and bonding time. just be sure that you check your car before doing so and bring in the necessary stuff to get your trip more comfortable at that. happy roadtrip! would love to hear how this turns out!

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 10:04:49 pm »
I would LOVE to do this! Germany is my favourite place on Planet Earth and I would live there in a heartbeat if I could. I love Munich , went there last year and done the BMW World and Museum , but not the Factory tour. I'm going back this year so I will do it this time , also taking a trip on the ICE to Ingolstadt and will do the Audi Factory and Museum as well. Unfortunately I'm not taking my GTI , but an Easyjet A319 from Edinburgh Turnhouse instead. Maybe some other time.....

PS Hacker Pschorr is superior to Paulaner beer , IMHO of course!
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline Russ_leeds

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 11:23:33 pm »
I'm also doing this in July :happy2: I can't wait to be honest :party:
Black 2007 gti, 18' monza 2, sat-nav, highline, i-pod dock, armrest, 35mm H&R springs, WALK, BCS tbe, autotech front and rear arbs, ITG maxogen, NQSBBK... and more to come

Offline Chalky_white

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • :-D
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 03:04:33 pm »
I'm working in Germany at the moment.

You will love driving over here, just stick to the limits where there is limits and on the unrestricted parts go for it and see what your top end is! But still check your mirrors because there will be someone catching you! Munich and the Bayern region is beautiful, you will pass near to the Hockenieimring too so that could be worth visit too. Have a good trip!
2008 MKV GTI PIRELLI EDITION, SILVER

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 08:39:32 pm »
I'm working in Germany at the moment.

You will love driving over here, just stick to the limits where there is limits and on the unrestricted parts go for it and see what your top end is! But still check your mirrors because there will be someone catching you! Munich and the Bayern region is beautiful, you will pass near to the Hockenieimring too so that could be worth visit too. Have a good trip!

Ive been to Hockenheim 3 times , to the F1 , back when the track was in its original form in the early 90s. I stayed in a lovely little town called Bad Durkheim.
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)