Offline nathangallo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Iron x
« on: April 21, 2012, 10:36:57 pm »
Guys I want to use iron x on my monzas but one does have white worm and some has a little bit of lacquer off, would this cause a lot more problems that it's worth?

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
Re: Iron x
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 01:19:34 pm »
If your wheels are missing some laquer and maybe in a poor condition I would advise against it. Ironx is quite aggresive and if not used correctly may cause you more problems.
Get hold of some megs wheel cleaner and dilute it to be safe. This is just my opinion and someone may correct me.  :happy2:

Offline david proctor

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 05:38:08 pm »
Iron X is a highly effective, acid-free and pH balanced (6~7pH) car paint, wheels & glass cleaner (safe for all wheels including aluminum and alloys). This formulation is also effective and safe for use on all car surfaces and will not deteriorate clear coats.

Airborne chemical compounds and ferrous particles - particles containing iron - actually penetrate the paint and create corrosive compounds that eat deep into the paint's sub-layers or paint’s pin-holes. This is a gradual process that often is not evident until it's too late. Claying or polishing only removes the particle, not its effects, which are continuing to spread beneath the surface.

During the use of your vehicle, brake dust and road grime become sintered to the surface of the car paint, rims and wheels due to the high temperature conditions they are normally exposed. Brake dust contains high levels of iron and once sintered to the rim, becomes extremely difficult to dissolve or remove without the use of harsh chemicals.

Iron X opens up the paint's pores to release ferrous particles and to neutralize caustic compounds that have developed in the paint's subsurface. Ongoing damage is immediately stopped and future damage is prevented by removing the ferrous particles.

Iron X sprays on as a thick, transparent, as the cleansing liquid begins to work into the dirt and grime, the formula begins to turn purple/ red. The purple/red coloration is the Iron X Cleaner forming a bond to the sintered iron on the car paint and wheel and changing its state to a water soluble complex for easy removal. Stubborn, baked on grime may take a small amount of agitation. Rinse car paint and wheels thoroughly with a power washer and wipe dry.

As the product is acid-free you should be ok..

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 06:55:53 pm »
This is just my opinion and someone may correct me.  :happy2:

Cheers Dave , I had a feeling someone would put me right. But best to be safe then sorry right  :scared:

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 09:34:58 pm »
just bought some of this stuff thanks to Greeners pointing me in the correct location  :drinking: going to give it a try

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline muckipup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 11:56:02 am »
Tried it for the first time this weekend - great stuff!  :happy2:

Offline david proctor

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 08:18:23 pm »
This is just my opinion and someone may correct me.  :happy2:

Cheers Dave , I had a feeling someone would put me right. But best to be safe then sorry right  :scared:

No worries mate.....

Offline AndyED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 11
  • ED30
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 11:28:10 pm »
Just used some of this stuff this evening............say's on the bottle "cherry scented" or something along those lines. What it actually means is 'smells like rotten eggs when you use it, after you use it and also when it gets on your drive way for a while after too"  :signLOL:

Works well though!  :happy2:

Offline nickg123

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 10:25:44 am »
Haha you think the cherry one is bad, you should have tried the original or even the improved "Squashed Flowers" version....  Honestly never smelt anything worse - it's like sulphur mixed with the worst eggy farts imaginable haha.