Make a donation

Author Topic: Vwr cold air intake  (Read 42444 times)

Offline Felix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Vwr cold air intake
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2012, 10:18:42 am »
I also notice that revo/stasis are going to release CAI soon but there is not much info.
300hp Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2012, 10:30:20 am »

I also notice that revo/stasis are going to release CAI soon but there is not much info.

^ I'm tempted to bung this image into my RED INK Studio for some 'enhancement'  :evilgrin:

Hmm, I'm a fan of Revo tuning, APR products, and VWR workshop - So my loyalties are split.

It's all very interesting for us consumers though. But what'll happen to the prices? Who can charge the highest?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2012, 11:22:41 am »
I have sent Vwr an email so will see what they come back with  :happy2:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Felix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2012, 12:23:26 pm »
AndyED30 - have you been able to compare the noise level of this intake with any of the others - twintake / ITG? I am after one that sounds good at WOT and noticable but not loud! From reports the ITG is loud and the twintake I am not sure - some say loud and some say quieter than the ITG. Tempted by this one I must say and its a shame the wintake is not availble from Forge in the uk.

Mat ED30 - cheers for sorting an email to vwr - will watch with interest for the response.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2012, 12:27:57 pm »
AndyED30 - have you been able to compare the noise level of this intake with any of the others - twintake / ITG? I am after one that sounds good at WOT and noticable but not loud! From reports the ITG is loud and the twintake I am not sure - some say loud and some say quieter than the ITG. Tempted by this one I must say and its a shame the wintake is not availble from Forge in the uk.

The ITG is without doubt louder than the Twintake IMO.  Ive had the ITG personally and ive heard the twintake on a few cars.  I also had the APRs Golf R which runs this VWR intake and in all honesty i didnt realise there was an intake fitted until i had a look.  No big whooshes or darth vader noises etc.  Im not sure how much of the engine noise is attributed to the intake or the exhaust but i was pretty impressed by its quieter operation.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2012, 01:22:04 pm »

Tempted by this one I must say and its a shame the wintake is not availble from Forge in the uk.

....Is this a spelling mistake and did you mean to write Twintake? Not available in the UK? :surprised: :confused:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline AndyED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 11
  • ED30
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2012, 01:28:01 pm »

Mat ED30 - cheers for sorting an email to vwr - will watch with interest for the response.

I can only compare it youtube etc vids on here that members have put on the site to showcase there intakes. The VWR one is way quieter judging by this. When you floor it you can hear it and when you come off the power you get the whoosh there too but nothing intrusive or too boy racer. I prefer the stealthy approach  :wink:

Also I've stood next to the APR golf which has/had one and the same was to be said of this.

Hope this helps. Andy.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2012, 01:31:44 pm »

The ITG is without doubt louder than the Twintake IMO.  Ive had the ITG personally and ive heard the twintake on a few cars.  I also had the APRs Golf R which runs this VWR intake and in all honesty i didnt realise there was an intake fitted until i had a look.  No big whooshes or darth vader noises etc.  Im not sure how much of the engine noise is attributed to the intake or the exhaust but i was pretty impressed by its quieter operation.

....The VWR intake being much quieter than my Twintake would be a disappointment and deal breaker in my case.

The choice of an aftermarket air intake tends to be based on the following considerations (not in order of importance):-

- Performance
- Standard of manufacture
- Ease of maintenance
- Sound
- Appearance aka 'Eye-Candy'
- Price

Enjoying sound is an important consideration for many drivers, just as it is when choosing an exhaust system.

Offline Felix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2012, 02:08:09 pm »
Interesting replies fellas thanks for the info......and red, its not a typo, and looks similar to the vwr cai.......

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=&product=FMIND13

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2012, 07:45:04 pm »
....The VWR intake being much quieter than my Twintake would be a disappointment and deal breaker in my case.

Dont get me wrong its not silent.  Its just quieter than the ITG MAxogen. 

Offline AndyED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 11
  • ED30
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2012, 08:13:45 pm »

Dont get me wrong its not silent.  Its just quieter than the ITG MAxogen. 

Indeed Janner_SY, it's sophisticated.............and not chavvy  :grin:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2012, 08:15:17 pm »
Must admit i loved thr ITG maxogen at first, but after a while i wouldnt have minded it being quieter.  Same went with the cat back exhaust.  Was great for the first week, but after that it irritated me.

Offline Dp_Ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2012, 12:00:26 pm »
Can't wait to get hold of a vwr intake as soon as they are back in stock.
Keith seen a 30whp gain on his golf R over standard intake

Offline muckipup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2012, 02:11:11 pm »
Same went with the cat back exhaust.  Was great for the first week, but after that it irritated me.

You didn't mention that when you sold it to me  :grin: In fairness, it is also as I expected it to be but I am also getting a bit tired of it now.

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2012, 02:38:31 pm »
Can't wait to get hold of a vwr intake as soon as they are back in stock.
Keith seen a 30whp gain on his golf R over standard intake

When are they bk in stock mate?

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map