Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk4 r32 talk to me !  (Read 2687 times)

Offline gobbleplease

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
Mk4 r32 talk to me !
« on: April 23, 2012, 10:22:27 pm »
Anyways i got a phone from ford asking if they could purchase my rs back of me, i said no then they gave me a price and got my attention !!! Anyways i totally love my rs but i considdered the fact i would beable to be debt free ( first since i was 17 !)
And buy a good mk4 r32 with about 3k for mods and a wee drop cash for a rainy day - this is really apealing to me at the moment as my outgoings are pi55ing me off at the moment !

I realise the r32 isnt the quickest but they do sound awesome ! I was just wondering if anyone had any ownership experiances they care to share ? Or buying advice ? Things to look out for ?
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
Re: Mk4 r32 talk to me !
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 10:39:19 pm »
Sounds like you've made your mind up to me.

It is nice to have a belter of a car but think how much more you could do with the spare cash. Just think of the BMW Z4 vs R32 video  :driver:
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline Russ_leeds

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 10:42:43 pm »
Anyways i got a phone from ford asking if they could purchase my rs back of me, i said no then they gave me a price and got my attention !!! Anyways i totally love my rs but i considdered the fact i would beable to be debt free ( first since i was 17 !)
And buy a good mk4 r32 with about 8K to mod and twin turbo it

there you go mate, corrected that for you :happy2:
Black 2007 gti, 18' monza 2, sat-nav, highline, i-pod dock, armrest, 35mm H&R springs, WALK, BCS tbe, autotech front and rear arbs, ITG maxogen, NQSBBK... and more to come

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 10:59:53 pm »
Great cars but all feel really dated compared with your last two cars.

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 11:02:39 pm »
Yea not sure yet tbh, the mrs is badgering me in to doing it, but cars are sort of my thing, im daft on them and love the rs so im bit hot and cold, one minute i think awe man debt free that would be sweet, the next im thinking id miss the rs too much !
Proper stuck at the moment !
Mods wise it would be coilovers, arbs, haldex controler, castor kit, bushes, miltek, intake, map and porker brakes so about 4k no more ! A good thing is there is no where to go with it really as its normally aspirated so my thinking was it would save me a few pennies !

:happy2:

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 11:13:31 pm »
Great cars but all feel really dated compared with your last two cars.

Cheers buddy tbh it was really the only thing i could think of that id want for 7-8k, id never thought about selling the rs until ford started putting ideas in my head.
Did you ever have the st on the ramps nathan ? What did the underside look like rust wise ?
Thats mine got 3.5k on it now and i had it getting the geometry done last week and when i seen rust on the underside already i was shocked !!! Dont get me wrong there was only a couple spots on the beam and arms etc, but on a car thats only seen 1 winter i was a little shocked and disapointed.
I suppose thats what i get for buying a ford though !
Likin the pirelli mate  :happy2:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 11:21:19 pm »
Cheers chap!  :happy2:

Yeh I had a good poke around when the TB exhaust was fitted and it all seemed pretty good to me bearing in mind it was 6 years old. If it were me I'd have another ST in a flash! For that kind of money they are superb, and you'll be used to the average fuel consumption!!
To be honest the Pirelli feels really muted compared. Do have a massive soft spot for my old ST!  :love:

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 10:44:57 am »
Owned one for a year from new.  The ride is really hard, 1st gear gets you about a yard before you need to change again and I personally wouldn't have another.  The soundtrack however.....

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 10:53:02 am »
Get a mk1 focus RS instead of a mk2 R32

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 11:12:41 am »
I wouldnt have one. Get something great 'out of the box' rather than throwing dead money at an average car.

I'd keep that RS, it's depreciation proof motoring at the moment. Oh, and a stunningly great car.
Sideways yo!

Offline nickg123

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 11:35:04 am »
I do love the Mk4 R32 - Always think there's something special about them but then I've heard VW mechanics moaning about them, and saying the 4wd system isn't great and in general they're actually not a great car.....     I still like the way they look though - 3Dr in Blue just looks lovely on the road

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 11:36:24 am »
 :rolleye:
Owned one for a year from new.  The ride is really hard, 1st gear gets you about a yard before you need to change again and I personally wouldn't have another.  The soundtrack however.....

LOLing about the first gear comment. Very true! The mk5 is the same, but it quite happily pulls away in second, so that's what I do.

R32UK

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 11:38:02 am »
Had a borrowed one for about 2 months... loved even minute of it! However it was a little hard for everyday driving (although still useable)... the sound made it fairly expensive to run but I would pick one over an ST anyday of the week. See mk5 R32 is you want the added comfort factor.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 11:47:54 am »
I wouldnt have one. Get something great 'out of the box' rather than throwing dead money at an average car.

I'd keep that RS, it's depreciation proof motoring at the moment. Oh, and a stunningly great car.

Thats true.  They are holding their money really well  :fighting:  Plus the Mk5 R32 is dull to drive compared to a Mk5  GTI.  How bad would it feel going from an RS to a Mk4 R32!!

Saintsteve

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 03:11:46 pm »
Buy a decent Mk2 GTi and pocket the rest.. Will hold its value if its in Great condition.