Make a donation

Author Topic: **Shameless Rant** Royal Mail - What a bunch of t055ers!!  (Read 5693 times)

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
**Shameless Rant** Royal Mail - What a bunch of t055ers!!
« on: April 24, 2012, 03:47:49 pm »
It's no wonder they are going out of business, I despair at the levels of incompetence.

Frankly they deserve to go under and the militant workforce will have to find something else to do.

Two issues -

1) I'm waiting for an item from Germany, posted on the 17th April and handed over to the Royal Mail on the 18th April.  I still don't have it, i's only in Germany FFS I could have walked there and got it myself in this time.  Deutsche Post handed it over and now nobody has any record of where it is.  I phoned RM last week only to be told by a stupid woman that if I'd not received my item by this time next month I should call them back and they'll look into it.

Phoned again today, still not interested and still no idea where my parcel is.  So still I'm none the wiser and still I don't have my parcel.

2) I sent a relatively small parcel to someone in Liverpool yesterday via Special Delivery before 1pm at the not insignificant cost of £22.70.  It didn't arrive today so when I phoned to enquire I had to battle through 4 minutes 45 seconds of drivel from a lifeless answer machine telling me exactly the same as it says on the website, and then telling me I should check the website before calling, before actually getting through to a human who told me, yep you've guessed it - Exactly the same as the website and answer machine.

Your item with reference ZXxxx922xxxx is currently progressing through our network. Your item is currently progressing through our network for delivery.

Clearly it fcuking isn't otherwise it would have been delivered as agreed before 1pm.  These cnuts really make my sh1t itch.   :fighting:

They seem to think that putting the prices up will cover the costs of their blatant incompetence and fulfil their greed - I shudder when someone tells me either Royal Mail or Parcel Farce are involved in a delivery to me.

I feel better now - Thanks for listening.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: **Shameless Rant** Royal Mail - What a bunch of t055ers!!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 03:52:42 pm »
If your Special delivery item does not arrive the next day after shipping you can claim A refund, i claimed for 3 of them in last year (sent over 500 special deliverey items and all but arrived next day, the ones that dont you get refunded.

Regards mail from Germany, unless its tracked mail not much you can do apart from wait.

I have been tracking a parcel shipped to me from USA, it arrived in customs at 8.26am last Thursday, ITS STILL SAT THERE!!!!!
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 03:55:11 pm »
I'm aware I can claim a refund however I paid for a service for a reason - I wanted the parcel to arrive.

The parcel from Germany is tracked - Except nobody knows or is willing to tell me where it is.

I fear your parcel from the US will be in the Parcel Farce Abyss - Been the victim of that one far too many times.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 04:07:53 pm »
I feel your frustration, Stu!

And don't talk to me about feckin' Customs or whatever the thieving bureaucrats call themselves! In my case, I sometimes have to drive a round trip of 100 miles to their nearest depot in Poole.

In a valiant effort to take your mind off your Royal Mail woes, Stu:

^ Parcels.... Deliveries.... It IS on topic! I rest my case.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Saintsteve

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 04:15:10 pm »

And don't talk to me about feckin' Customs or whatever the thieving bureaucrats call themselves! In my case, I sometimes have to drive a round trip of 100 miles to their nearest depot in Poole.

and not a spark plug in sight  :signLOL:   :notworthy:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 04:19:24 pm »

and not a spark plug in sight  :signLOL:   :notworthy:

....Sorry but I only post pics which include spark plugs in spark plug subject threads.  :happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 04:48:48 pm »

That's First Class Robin  :congrats: :drool: :notworthy:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 04:51:47 pm »

That's First Class Robin  :congrats: :drool: :notworthy:

....Not Royal Mail's 'First Class' service though!  :laugh:

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 05:13:59 pm »
Royal mail are awful, and now that they can set there own prices the Government needs to open up the market to competitors, otherwise i think we have a monopoly, which i'm pretty sure is not legal in the UK. 

But then like the variations in minimum wage, which conflict with the age discrimination laws no one seems to give a sh*t unless someone takes a case to challenge them.

to the OP hope it gets sorted soon.

Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 05:24:01 pm »
One of my rants with Royal Mail (they don't deserve the title 'Royal'!) is the amount of garbage junk mail they deliver to us. I'm talking about all the stuff which is unaddressed and you can't have stopped. I politely questioned the postie (we never seem to have the same person) about it the other day and was told they had to deliver it. I'd like to stuff it all back in their collection box, if it'll fit, but why should I have to inconvenience myself even more by making that effort!?

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 05:59:03 pm »
One of my rants with Royal Mail (they don't deserve the title 'Royal'!) is the amount of garbage junk mail they deliver to us. I'm talking about all the stuff which is unaddressed and you can't have stopped. I politely questioned the postie (we never seem to have the same person) about it the other day and was told they had to deliver it. I'd like to stuff it all back in their collection box, if it'll fit, but why should I have to inconvenience myself even more by making that effort!?

As part of the contract that these companies pay royal mail to deliver them they have to, but nowt stopping me from speaking to local postie and he bins all the mail "To home owner" and the like, I have a dymo label printer and stick a label over my address and on the label it states "Return to sender, Please remove our address from your mail files", they pay to have it delivered they can pay to have it returned.
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 08:08:21 pm »

If UPS had delivery drivers like that I would send parcels to myself :signLOL:
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 08:42:50 pm »

..... :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL: Nice one, Eddie!  :drinking:

Yes! All day long!!

Saintsteve

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 08:50:10 pm »

Maxload ..... Don't think Simons arse is that good  :signLOL:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 08:54:31 pm »
^^^^
Crikey! My original pic has now been repeated 4 times - You'll get me into trouble.  :ashamed: