Make a donation

Author Topic: New Miltek Fitted, tips too far  (Read 7213 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: New Miltek Fitted, tips too far
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 08:51:12 am »
My Milltek tips:

^ Ceramic coated satin black quads. Eeeeasy cleaning and still look good when dirty.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 08:56:54 am »
that's a nice rear end RR  :love:
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 09:32:00 am »
My Milltek tips:

^ Ceramic coated satin black quads. Eeeeasy cleaning and still look good when dirty.

Another irrelevant post by Red Robin!  :laugh: Not against you RR, just laughing at how quickly threads can digress. (No cat or postie pictures up here yet tho...)  :rolleye:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 09:47:45 am »

Another irrelevant post by Red Robin!  :laugh: Not against you RR, just laughing at how quickly threads can digress. (No cat or postie pictures up here yet tho...)  :rolleye:

....I completely disagree with you!  :fighting:

This thread is discussing Milltek tips and if you want to be pedantic my post with pics here is actually more relevant than the pics posted of the BCS tips.

My post and pics illustrate the black satin ceramic coated Milltek option.

I don't do cat pics (I don't like cats). The postie pic is in a Royal Mail thread and the NGK spark plug pic was in a thread about NGK spark plugs. Anyway, this place could start getting too dull and serious without a few pics.

Furthermore, I think that my high number of Thank You's is testament to most of my posts being relevant.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 09:59:14 am by RedRobin »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2012, 10:26:29 am »

Another irrelevant post by Red Robin!  :laugh: Not against you RR, just laughing at how quickly threads can digress. (No cat or postie pictures up here yet tho...)  :rolleye:

....I completely disagree with you!  :fighting:

This thread is discussing Milltek tips and if you want to be pedantic my post with pics here is actually more relevant than the pics posted of the BCS tips.

My post and pics illustrate the black satin ceramic coated Milltek option.

I don't do cat pics (I don't like cats). The postie pic is in a Royal Mail thread and the NGK spark plug pic was in a thread about NGK spark plugs. Anyway, this place could start getting too dull and serious without a few pics.

Furthermore, I think that my high number of Thank You's is testament to most of my posts being relevant.

Ha ha,

OP: Hi , I have a twin tip Milltek exhaust and my tips sit out too far.
RR:Hi, I have quad tips that sit perfectly, they're easy to clean and are constructed nothing like yours so I can't help with your problem. I'll post pics up anyway.

As I've said before I'm not against your post Robin. This place would get too dull if we all stuck religiously and solemnly to the task in hand. We do all like seeing pictures of your car as it's clear that a lot of time, effort and money had been put into it. I just think that your post didn't quite help the OP. Nothing against the rules. I just love how we can so easily fill up other folk's threads without answering their question.

I could say the same thing to Nige from BCS as his post is basically a little shout out for BCS exhaust, nice tho they are).  :wink: I didn't tho as I haven't seen him contributing to several posts with relelvant-ish but non-helpful stuff.

I apologise for tarring you with the same brush as the cat pic posters.

PM me if you still feel injusticed in some way. I'd rather not fill up the OP's thread with unnecessary clutter.  :confused:

To the OP, I have the exact opposite problem. My twin tip GTI exhaust (like yours) sits just too recessed for my liking. I have a diesel but am not plagued with a dirty boot but I think it'd look nicer with a 1/4 inch of the tips sticking out so you can see the Milltek writing and so it lines up with the shape of the bumper. I knew it was a little bit too flush when I got it fitted but hoped that the usual Milltek creep would happen and it'd miraculously move out that tiny bit I wanted.

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2012, 10:37:47 am »
i love lamp

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2012, 11:17:58 am »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2012, 11:32:17 am »

To the OP, I have the exact opposite problem. My twin tip GTI exhaust (like yours) sits just too recessed for my liking. I have a diesel but am not plagued with a dirty boot but I think it'd look nicer with a 1/4 inch of the tips sticking out so you can see the Milltek writing and so it lines up with the shape of the bumper. I knew it was a little bit too flush when I got it fitted but hoped that the usual Milltek creep would happen and it'd miraculously move out that tiny bit I wanted.

....It is said that pipes extend slightly when they get really hot but you'd have to go for a very spirited drive and jump out and check immediately afterwards to see that.

As any exhaust system will probably move and settle due to varying temperatures etc, I expect that a secondary tweak of the installation is not usual. But as Hedge suggests, go and see whoever fitted it and get it adjusted to your liking if that's feasible.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2012, 11:38:15 am »

:wink:

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2012, 11:41:28 am »
That's prob true Robin, but also I think it's been noted that diesels have a knack of rattling the Milltek system slightly any systems have been known to grow without any encouragement.  :laugh: I know from having a look at mine, the downpipe/decat is just one long straight pipe with a straight join to the non-resonated tube.  I think it's here that the rest of the exhaust can slip from and shows up at the tips. the non-res (or resonated) part joins to the back-box at an angle and straight-thru slippage is much less common there.

Get your garage to loosen all the joints of your exhaust system, reposition and tighten them up. Or, assuming you are a handy man: Do It Yourself!! It's relatively simple. Axle stands make a massive difference unless you are known as Slim Jim.  :happy2:

:wink:

I LOVE it (not lamp)!!!!  :laugh:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2012, 01:20:36 pm »
I like Turtles.......

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2012, 01:27:00 pm »

I like Turtles.......

I like Ninja Babes.......