Make a donation

Author Topic: Having a bad day!!  (Read 3555 times)

Offline TonyZed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: Having a bad day!!
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 04:51:35 pm »
Claim on home insurance maybe

Yep that's also being considered Mat, gotta see what the excess is.

If it's £100 to get the job done maybe not worth it but more than that and we'll do it.

Whatever you do DON'T ring up to inquire whether it is covered or how much the excess is!
My iPhone was stolen from my car (window smashed etc) so I called my household insurers when I got to work to ask if the phone was covered in my car and after telling me it wasn't covered the guy pointed out that it was now registered as a loss and that would be passed on to any other company if asked. I had a huge row with them about this, pointing out that the first guy I spoke to said it wouldn't be recorded before I gave him my name, but they won't budge, saying that it done by all insurance companies.   :fighting:
How can it be a claim if it wasn't covered anyway! :stupid:
TonyZ

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 05:29:00 pm »
You can ask for the recordings of the 1st phone call and if they promised that it wont be recorded then youve got a case against them

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 05:51:26 pm »
:signLOL:

so you're happy to take my car apart into a million bits but you dont wanna do your own macbook  :signLOL: sh*t luck mate hope it dont cost too much!

The reason you bring your car to me is that I vaguely know what I'm doing - I rest my case  :evilgrin:

If it comes to it I'll give it a go but my concern is ending up with dust or hair behind the glass.

So when am I coming round with my hammer to help?  :chicken:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 06:03:40 pm »
I can help. You've seen my Electrickery skillz  :laugh:

Offline TonyZed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 07:54:28 pm »
You can ask for the recordings of the 1st phone call and if they promised that it wont be recorded then youve got a case against them

I did ask, they wanted £10 for the privilege! However they agreed that I had been incorrectly dealt with, but wouldn't retract the record. All the way through the original call I pointed out that I wasn't making a claim, just asking if I was covered, information I would have for free at home anyway. I also pointed out that I might even have left the phone at home, although I knew it had been nicked.

I would like to point out that I never leave my phone in the car normally and that it was a busyish street and left for only ten minutes.  :fighting:

I asked for reassurance that he would be retrained. Far short of going to the insurance ombudsman there is nothing else I can do.

TonyZ

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 08:47:50 pm »
:signLOL:

so you're happy to take my car apart into a million bits but you dont wanna do your own macbook  :signLOL: sh*t luck mate hope it dont cost too much!

The reason you bring your car to me is that I vaguely know what I'm doing - I rest my case  :evilgrin:

If it comes to it I'll give it a go but my concern is ending up with dust or hair behind the glass.

So when am I coming round with my hammer to help?  :chicken:

It looks like someone already did.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 08:52:00 pm »
Place in town does repairs. http://www.notebooks2go.co.uk/repairs.html

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 08:55:27 pm »
Thanks Simon.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 09:01:12 pm »
If it's loads cheaper without the courier service and you hand deliver it, pop round and I'll put the kettle on... :smiley:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 07:40:59 am »
I actually got refused car insurance because I apparently didn't declare a claim that I didn't claim for???? I did phone up to enquire has above person but I didn't go through with the claim and I actually fixed the damage on my golf for under £100 :fighting: but because I phone about it they recorded the claim :fighting: :fighting:

Good news is I just halved my insurance this year going from Admiral to Swift Cover :happy2:

Stu hope you get it sorted mate :sad1:

Darren

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 11:07:06 am »
If it's loads cheaper without the courier service and you hand deliver it, pop round and I'll put the kettle on... :smiley:

:happy2: Ta.
Stu...

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2012, 09:06:05 pm »
Well today was judgement day.

I'd previously got a quote from the company mentioned above which was £165 inc courier collection and return to fit a new glass.

Apple do not sell or fit just the glass they will only change the entire upper clam which includes the LCD and aluminium top cover as well as the glass - Basically a new lid.

Apple price for that is £255.60 + fitting - Which I guess given that includes so much more is not a bad price.

My MBP had suffered with a flickering LCD which because I have AppleCare I had intended to take in and have fixed however it somewhat slipped down my list of things to do however I did have a video on my iPhone of it flickering prior to my dropping it and smashing the glass.

I explained to the Apple Genius that although yes I had smashed the screen that it was a little cheeky but if they were willing to replace the LCD to fix the flicker that would of course come with the new glass that I needed  :evilgrin:

They were pretty good and immediately offered to meet 50% of the cost and waive the labour charge.  :happy2: :notworthy:

I also noticed that I had infact managed to dent the lid when I dropped it so by having the new clam fitted would sort that out too.

So new lid, new LCD and of course new glass all fitted for £127.80 and the best bit, they had one in stock and fitted it while I had a coffee at John Lewis this afternoon   :drinking:
Stu...

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2012, 09:15:35 pm »
Good result Stu  :happy2:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2012, 09:15:59 pm »
Top result  :congrats:

Apple Customer Care really is second to none.  :notworthy:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2012, 09:16:57 pm »
Yep.  TBH Dom I always seem to have nothing but good results with Apple.

Yes the gear is expensive but I firmly believe you get what you pay for.
Stu...