Make a donation

Author Topic: New PCV - Worth changing?  (Read 680 times)

Offline SteveS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
New PCV - Worth changing?
« on: April 25, 2012, 10:27:09 am »
Is there any benefit to changing it if its not broken? the new version give better performance?

I assume the only way to see if its broken it to take it off and if the centre bit looks like the below, its broken?

:happy2:

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
Re: New PCV - Worth changing?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 10:30:30 am »
firstly you need to do the pcv check - just blow through, you shouldn't be able to!

secondly i recently changed to the latest revision (just before the one where you need the back hose) and glad I did - if you can get one for cheap then you might as well as its extremely easy to change.

So you could change it to prevent future problems or stay with the arguement "if it aint broke..."

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 10:31:42 am »
or alternatively put it back on and pull your dipstick out with the engine running or take the oil cap off - your engine should run rough if the pcv valve works and not make any difference if its broken.

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 10:34:03 am »
Cheers

"if it aint broke..."
Indeed, hence the question of if there is any performance increase if its not broken.

Ill have to do a blow test at the weekend or get the girl to (she's know how it should feel) :)

Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 10:34:28 am »
may try all three tests. :)