Make a donation

Author Topic: H&R's fitted (PICS) + Dreaded Oil pressure message  (Read 1614 times)

Offline swedishfireball

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
H&R's fitted (PICS) + Dreaded Oil pressure message
« on: April 24, 2012, 11:07:08 pm »
So, last friday I start the car ready to escape the office for the weekend and the car sounds shocking! Get an flashing red oil light with OIL PRESSURE STOP ENGINE.  :scared: stopped the engine and had a little poke around, restarted and all seemed ok. Thought I'd check it out and all signs pointed to the oil pickup.

Booked it in today at VRS in Northampton and my suspicions (with the help of this forum of course) were 100%. Gunked up and had bits of silicon in there (from the sump sealant possibly?) all sorted and the engine feels smoother and the mechanic commented how strong the engine was. He was convinced it was remapped  :laugh:

Anyway while it was there I thought I'd get them to fit the H&R's that've been sitting around for about 2 months. Will drop a bit more once settled but I'm happy, feels sharper off the line, turn in is quicker and still has a stock ride in terms of comfort. Took a few snaps, 1st one before.

And after...

« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:22:22 pm by swedishfireball »

Offline monte

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
Re: H&R's fitted (PICS) + Dreaded Oil pressure message
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 11:47:06 pm »
That looks great buddy!  :congrats:

If you have a standard Gti and want to keep it looking OEM, all you need are the H&R springs and it transforms the car!

That's how the GTIs should have left the factory!  :notworthy:

h4rdy

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 11:52:35 pm »
Are the H&R definitely akin to factory ride?

Offline Digger3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 11:56:19 pm »
Nice,,, very nice, that was my first choice in colour,,,  I have an Audi A4 S-Line in a similar grey,, I ended up buying a black 3DR MK5 GTI
purely because it was by far the best 3dr GTI I had looked at,, but still prefer the grey, but you need to get that rear-valance colour-coded
IMAO... :happy2:
3DR GTI, Black Magic, Factory Fitted Winter-Pack, Lux-Pack, Colour-Coded Rear Valance, Otherwise Totally Standard, For Now.....  

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 12:00:56 am »
Are the H&R definitely akin to factory ride?

Well I'm no expert Justin but IMO round town they are just the same as the factory shocks  :happy2:

When you start to push the car in the corners the H&R's are totally different and really stiffen up.
The factory springs were not good for me. I found the rear to be very soft/wallowy.

Offline swedishfireball

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 12:06:36 am »
Rear valance is next on the list. Have an R32 style lower with the standard exhaust outlet just gotta get my ass in gear and get it prepped and painted! Mind you then I'll need an ED30 splitter so on the hunt.

After that its:
Blueflame exhause
Retro-fit cruise
Sort out rear wiper motor to get it out of the 'dog wagging tail position'  :laugh:
Major detail
Possibly some new wheels

Cheers for all the comments  :happy2: as I've said, very happy with it and always wanted a car in this colour.

Offline oxygen

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 09:08:53 am »
Yeah i run H&R' Ultra lows and i love them! not much difference generally to standard set up, but come alive in the twistys! :driver:

I'm a big fan!!

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 09:46:13 am »
you won't be disappointed with the Blueflame mate - fantastic bit of kit
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+