Make a donation

Author Topic: Chamois v's towel drying?...  (Read 8062 times)

Offline autoperfection.com

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 28
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
Re: Chamois v's towel drying?...
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 12:40:59 pm »
The new site is awesome - even if we do say ourselves!  :grin:  We've finished work at about 1am for the last three or four nights in a row, but we're just about getting there now  :jumpmove:

We'll create a discount code for the forum as well once it's live so we'll pop a post in the discount section for everyone.

In the mean time we'll see if we can sort a group buy out for you all  :happy2:

Offline J5BWS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 4
  • I love my Golf me!
    • Anon Studio Limited
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 12:42:22 pm »
The new site is awesome - even if we do say ourselves!  :grin:  We've finished work at about 1am for the last three or four nights in a row, but we're just about getting there now  :jumpmove:

We'll create a discount code for the forum as well once it's live so we'll pop a post in the discount section for everyone.

In the mean time we'll see if we can sort a group buy out for you all  :happy2:

Sounds great, thank you!  :happy2:

Offline VC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 12:45:33 pm »
hmmmm i would want to see it in action, i have bought various alternatives to the chamois and never get on with them, they just seem to push the water around rather than remove it

so i'll opt out for now, when you come and detail the car bring stock in case  :smiley:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 12:55:18 pm »
i purchased a miracle drying towel and used it yesterday,i was amazed with it

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 12:57:05 pm »
when you come and detail the car bring stock in case  :smiley:

Don't worry - we will!  :smiley:

Offline Cooper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009, 01:11:19 pm »
I'm one for using a leather chamois with a bucket of clean water for rinsing.
Tried using microfibre and as others have said it leaves fibres on the glass and once it gets damp just leaves streaks which i didn't like.

Would be tempted to give one of the drying towels a go if there as good as you say though!
C63
SQ5

Offline hammyhammer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 01:59:59 pm »
i use this and would highly recommend it to anyone think its fantastic and doesn’t leave any bits on your paint :) works best when it is damp.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/miracle-dryer-ultra-plush-25-x-36-/prod_362.html

I used to be an AG man before.  Have two of the above and fully converted they are excellent.  I have tried other makes like Megs and could not see the fuss.  Like most of the products i think it is finding what you suits you. 

On the fibres left behind the above does for 3 or 4 wash's after that their is no problems,

Autoperfection hardwork on the new website looks excellent.  Be very interested on group discount on the plush towels or Sonus (looking to give a bash)

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2009, 02:02:00 pm »
We think they're defintely worth giving a go!   :smiley:

Group buy has been posted  :happy2:

HammyHammer - have you found our new shop website then?  :chicken:

Offline hammyhammer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2009, 02:09:59 pm »

Group buy has been posted  :happy2:

HammyHammer - have you found our new shop website then?  :chicken:
[/quote]

Was looking about 15 mins before posting working out how much more I need to save up or hide for the other half  :grin:

gaz b

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2009, 02:15:19 pm »

I just use a normal chamois but find that it leaves loads of orange fibres all over the car so I will be interested to see where this thread goes too. :drinking:

so you dont use a leather one then?

Yeah it is leather VC. (At least I hope! it bloody cost enough :grin:)  Maybe fibres is not the correct word. BALLS is probably better! :ashamed: Maybe it's too old an breaking up?. I'm gonna check out these sonus thingamebobs. :smiley:

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2009, 02:19:06 pm »
Was looking about 15 mins before posting working out how much more I need to save up or hide for the other half  :grin:

Ahh - but were you looking at the original site (autoperfectionworld) or the new one?? 

The original site won't have changed much at all because we haven't done any work on that recently.  The new site is a completely different address and is supposed to be top secret until it's launched, so hopefully you haven't seen that one yet!

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2009, 02:40:57 pm »

I just use a normal chamois but find that it leaves loads of orange fibres all over the car so I will be interested to see where this thread goes too. :drinking:

Yeah it is leather VC. (At least I hope! it bloody cost enough :grin:)  Maybe fibres is not the correct word. BALLS is probably better! :ashamed: Maybe it's too old an breaking up?. I'm gonna check out these sonus thingamebobs. :smiley:

get a bic razor and shave it if its bobbling, better still get a new one or one of these alternatives

then tell me how you get on  :wink:

gaz b

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2009, 02:47:58 pm »

get a bic razor and shave it if its bobbling, better still get a new one or one of these alternatives

then tell me how you get on  :wink:

Job done! :happy2: I have just signed up for the super plush drying towel group buy! :party:

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2009, 12:06:56 pm »
Personally i use the Sonus wonder towel over the megs one which i prev used. Gonna give the Auto perfection ones a go to.
maybe a bit strange but i use a window cleaners blade when drying my windows and use the towel to get the edges works for me.

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 03:57:07 pm »
I use the chemical Guys drying towel to soak up most of the excess water then run over with a MF cloth to pick up the rest, works a treat and usually use the shammy on the windows.

Can anyone advise on how to wash the MF cloths and drying towel as mine are dirty and I tend to buy new ones rather than wash them lol.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 04:01:07 pm by Edition30 »
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633