Make a donation

Author Topic: hmm... sell up or run into the ground?  (Read 611 times)

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
hmm... sell up or run into the ground?
« on: April 25, 2012, 02:36:52 pm »
Well, time to make a tough choice.

Some of you will remember a few months ago I was umming and erring over trading for an S3 as I was planning to go to uni in London come September.

I've gotten into my top choice of course in London, so it's confirmed - I'm moving!!

Question is: what should i do with my car?

My car is almost finished from a performance point of view - I've got an Autotech HPFP and S3 I/C in my living room waiting to be fitted before calling up R-Tech for a Stage 2+ remap. After that I've got some cosmetic tweaks - facelift rear bumper and the like.

I won't really have the spare cash to do much to it whilst I'm at uni, but I always wanted to keep it and slowly convert it into a track weapon - K04, buckets, strip out, CF, maybe LSD etc. But by the time I graduate, I'm sure something else will have caught my attention - new S3? new RS3? Suppose I could always leave those stock and keep this as my plaything... won't be worth very much so running it into the ground won't feel quite so bad.

I can leave it on my parents' driveway so storage isn't an issue. I intend use it for the part time work I have planned whilst a student (the agency can have me anywhere in the country so i may need some sort of chariot).

having the extra money when i start would be nice - and i'll probably come home on weekends quite frequently so having my own transport would be nice. i've contacted the uni and for this first year i'm only at uni for 7 months or so out of the 12, so that's a lot of time where having a car and things would be helpful...

so what do i dooooo...

2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+