Make a donation

Author Topic: JKM Dyno-Day - Saturday 27th October....  (Read 76303 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: JKM Dyno-Day - Saturday 27th October....
« Reply #375 on: October 29, 2012, 09:49:10 am »

If I can ill be there.

RR didn't you used to organise a meal after?

....Yes, I have done in the past at The Churchillian (good pub dining food), Portchester, overlooking Portsmouth. I normally combine it with a BIALI lunch meet but not many folks from the Dyno-Day attend as they get dragged off shopping by girlfriends etc. Still you'd get on well with the BIALI Boyz - We're all car enthusiasts.

It makes a lot of sense for those who have travelled a big mileage to JKM and it's better than a McD's (which is perfect for a quick breakfast).

I have already spoken with JKM and we're looking at the next Dyno-Day being late February / early March - Always a Saturday morning.

I'm looking forward to the next one already!!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #376 on: October 29, 2012, 03:42:34 pm »

Special Thanks to Ian aka Hedge for the soap medallion  :drinking: - All extremely funny.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

h4rdy

« Reply #377 on: October 29, 2012, 04:28:17 pm »
Does anyone know what the difference between the Ed30 engine and the ED35?  As my stage 1 ED35 makes nearly the same power/torque as my old stage 2 ED30 did.  It feels just as fast from my bum dyno, but then there is only 5 bhp differnce, the Ed30 being run at SRR and obviously the ED35 at JKM.

Cheers in advance

Oli are you not selling your '35 now?

Saintsteve

« Reply #378 on: October 29, 2012, 05:00:36 pm »

Special Thanks to Ian aka Hedge for the soap medallion  :drinking: - All extremely funny.

1st of many times posting this pic I'm hazarding a guess  :signLOL:

Agreed, big thanks for arranging robin. Always a great meet up with friends. Looking foward to 2013 . :drinking:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #379 on: October 29, 2012, 05:16:17 pm »
Does anyone know what the difference between the Ed30 engine and the ED35?  As my stage 1 ED35 makes nearly the same power/torque as my old stage 2 ED30 did.  It feels just as fast from my bum dyno, but then there is only 5 bhp differnce, the Ed30 being run at SRR and obviously the ED35 at JKM.

Cheers in advance

Did you have Revo on your ED30?

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #380 on: October 29, 2012, 05:57:58 pm »

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=sbbo8qhkl7uvskk69odtgba1a9&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #381 on: October 29, 2012, 06:18:54 pm »
Surely wheels spin would result in a flat spot on the graph?

Offline rtechniki

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 27
    • Email
« Reply #382 on: October 29, 2012, 06:38:15 pm »

You would see wheel spin on a graph depending where its loosing traction running light of the rear idel roller or spinning on the front brake roller.  Its just the diffrence from a generic map and a full custom map from scratch with over 100hours R&D and a passion and drive for power not profit / sales.

The car makes 450lbft on my dyno aswell, and the graph is following the boost curve I mapped in 2 weeks proir,  fast spooling but held back to 4000rpm to keep the turbine speeds lower so the turbo pumps air not chops it.   On my dyno when the LPFP is above 4.1bar and the constant fuel trims are below +10% the car will make 401-404bhp, but as soon as the LPFP is playing catch up and trims exceed +10% the ecu is set to pull out around 20bhp.  We spent 7 hours trying to work around this to realise a 6bar pump is needed anfter fitting a brand new LPFP.   But still with the stock LPFP it can fuel fine to 12.4:1 at 130bar with 0CF across the whole rpm range.
And to show my dyno is on par with the JKM runs, this is what we finished testing the car at the before the JKM RR day. And no wheel spin as my dyno has a fancy system to detect wheel spin and slip.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 06:52:23 pm by OVERTFSI »
Nick Gower
R-Tech Performance Tuning
Hinckley 01455 617233
Bespoke ECU Software for 1.8T & 2.0TFSI

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #383 on: October 29, 2012, 09:20:27 pm »

It was spinning the wheels and pulling itself off the rollers on the configuration runs (or whatever they are prior to the power run). The JKM guys sh&t themselves  :grin: and promptly started strapping it down from all angles before they did the power runs

Was quite a sight. . . .
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #384 on: October 29, 2012, 09:41:46 pm »
^^^^
Was quite a sound too! - Think sh*t off a shovel!!

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
Re: Re: JKM Dyno-Day - Saturday 27th October....
« Reply #385 on: October 29, 2012, 10:05:09 pm »
A beast of a car. It must be an animal to drive, and the sound was wonderfull!!

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk 2

Offline Statller-Stevo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #386 on: October 30, 2012, 07:19:12 am »

You would see wheel spin on a graph depending where its loosing traction running light of the rear idel roller or spinning on the front brake roller.  Its just the diffrence from a generic map and a full custom map from scratch with over 100hours R&D and a passion and drive for power not profit / sales.

The car makes 450lbft on my dyno aswell, and the graph is following the boost curve I mapped in 2 weeks proir,  fast spooling but held back to 4000rpm to keep the turbine speeds lower so the turbo pumps air not chops it.   On my dyno when the LPFP is above 4.1bar and the constant fuel trims are below +10% the car will make 401-404bhp, but as soon as the LPFP is playing catch up and trims exceed +10% the ecu is set to pull out around 20bhp.  We spent 7 hours trying to work around this to realise a 6bar pump is needed anfter fitting a brand new LPFP.   But still with the stock LPFP it can fuel fine to 12.4:1 at 130bar with 0CF across the whole rpm range.
And to show my dyno is on par with the JKM runs, this is what we finished testing the car at the before the JKM RR day. And no wheel spin as my dyno has a fancy system to detect wheel spin and slip.

Awesome results there for you R-tech chaps really, you are doing a fine job I'm so glad you had success and opened a few eyes on JKM's 'heartbreaker rollers' !  :happy2:  we've had quite a few cars in with your tunes on board and must say I'm very impressed so far keep the excellent work up guys  :congrats:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #387 on: October 30, 2012, 09:37:02 am »

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,46771.msg628009.html#msg628009

Its impressive, no doubting that, BUT surely WHEELSPIN!!!!!!!!!!! 

You misunderstood me.  I wasnt insinuating that the figures are due to wheel spin.

I was thinking along the lines of over 450 Lbft and only 2wd as a road car....WHEELSPIN!!!!!!!!!!! 

great figures or not, I cant see that being as drivable as some of the others.  As impressive as the figures are, i think id want  less aggressive midrange

h4rdy

« Reply #388 on: October 30, 2012, 09:43:13 am »

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,46771.msg628009.html#msg628009

Its impressive, no doubting that, BUT surely WHEELSPIN!!!!!!!!!!! 

You misunderstood me.  I wasnt insinuating that the figures are due to wheel spin.

I was thinking along the lines of over 450 Lbft and only 2wd as a road car....WHEELSPIN!!!!!!!!!!! 

great figures or not, I cant see that being as drivable as some of the others.  As impressive as the figures are, i think id want  less aggressive midrange

I am pretty sure I am happy with mine, I think it would be tooooo much for me!

One for the younger generation methinks.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #389 on: October 30, 2012, 09:57:17 am »
^^^^
Having driven yours, h4rdy, I agree - Your Stage 2+ Ed30 has plenty of driveable power and doesn't need any more. It's possible to smoothly get into licence-losing territory without realising anyway! Ping!  :laugh: