Make a donation

Author Topic: JKM Dyno-Day - Saturday 27th October....  (Read 76290 times)

Offline Statller-Stevo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
Re: JKM Dyno-Day - Saturday 27th October....
« Reply #390 on: October 30, 2012, 10:39:58 am »

Understood , but think of this as a demo of what can be done with a bone stock K04 motor, specific hardware and a well developed custom tune for that hardware.

I would imagine Nick can easily tune chassis specific for 2WD or 4WD , this however was a show of out + out grunt & power on JKM's famous 'low reader' and I believe it has opened some eyes very wide so good for them!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #391 on: October 30, 2012, 10:48:27 am »
ah, i didnt realise this was a one off 'look at what can be done' setup.

Impressive though.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #392 on: October 30, 2012, 12:04:50 pm »
^^^^
When on the same day, a completely stock Mk5 GTI plots 199 bhp and a completely stock Ed30 plots 229 bhp, surely that doesn't indicate that JKM's Dyno-Dynamics is a "low reader" but suggests that SOME others around the country might be biassed as 'high readers'. Though of course, conditions vary every day and generally rolling-road sessions are only a snapshot at the time.

No-one wants to take away how clever Nick at R-Tech has been but the plots on James' car are very extreme. A conversion to '4WD' has been mentioned, surely for improved driveability reasons.

If, on this occasion, Statller/R-Tech's dyno numbers match with JKM's on the same car, then that is at least reassuring to all concerned.  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #393 on: October 30, 2012, 12:15:09 pm »
^^^^
When on the same day, a completely stock Mk5 GTI plots 199 bhp and a completely stock Ed30 plots 229 bhp, surely that doesn't indicate that JKM's Dyno-Dynamics is a "low reader" but suggests that SOME others around the country might be biassed as 'high readers'. Though of course, conditions vary every day and generally rolling-road sessions are only a snapshot at the time.

No-one wants to take away how clever Nick at R-Tech has been but the plots on James' car are very extreme. A conversion to '4WD' has been mentioned, surely for improved driveability reasons.

If, on this occasion, Statller/R-Tech's dyno numbers match with JKM's on the same car, then that is at least reassuring to all concerned.  :happy2:

James has all the bits for the 4WD conversion at home  :wink:

When I was out on the passenger ride, James explained how drivable it is with the linear map (the "tabletop" like power curve suggests this isnt a "peaky" power delivery), combined with the response of the K04, although you can't fully utilise WOT until doing motorway speeds, its smooth and drivable around town (although his paddle clutch is a bit hardcore  :grin:).

Nick has used James's as a development car, but could re-create the setup on anone elses  :happy2:

Surely this setup is a great alternative to a hybrid K04, and fills the gap in the market between standard K04 setup and LOBA?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 12:22:00 pm by GrayMK5GTI »
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=7lc65gjrmpl3sj96lfjipm2m4m&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #394 on: October 30, 2012, 02:03:43 pm »
Sorry Sy... misunderstood... easily done on the interwebs!

Offline Statller-Stevo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #395 on: October 30, 2012, 03:07:32 pm »
^^^^

If, on this occasion, Statller/R-Tech's dyno numbers match with JKM's on the same car, then that is at least reassuring to all concerned.  :happy2:

James has all the bits for the 4WD conversion at home  :wink:

When I was out on the passenger ride, James explained how drivable it is with the linear map (the "tabletop" like power curve suggests this isnt a "peaky" power delivery), combined with the response of the K04, although you can't fully utilise WOT until doing motorway speeds, its smooth and drivable around town (although his paddle clutch is a bit hardcore  :grin:).

Nick has used James's as a development car, but could re-create the setup on anone elses  :happy2:

Surely this setup is a great alternative to a hybrid K04, and fills the gap in the market between standard K04 setup and LOBA?

Absolutely , & If James needs any help with the 4WD parts tell him to call me I may be able to help him out  :wink:

Offline flashp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 65
« Reply #396 on: October 30, 2012, 04:02:55 pm »
^^^^

If, on this occasion, Statller/R-Tech's dyno numbers match with JKM's on the same car, then that is at least reassuring to all concerned.  :happy2:

Just measure your car on the same dyno every time.

Gone but not forgotten :-)

Offline rtechniki

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 27
    • Email
« Reply #397 on: October 30, 2012, 05:32:25 pm »

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,46771.msg628009.html#msg628009

Its impressive, no doubting that, BUT surely WHEELSPIN!!!!!!!!!!! 
Surely wheels spin would result in a flat spot on the graph?

You misunderstood me.  I wasnt insinuating that the figures are due to wheel spin.

I was thinking along the lines of over 450 Lbft and only 2wd as a road car....WHEELSPIN!!!!!!!!!!! 

great figures or not, I cant see that being as drivable as some of the others.  As impressive as the figures are, i think id want  less aggressive midrange

LOL  got ya,  :smiley:   
 Under 100% throttle then its utter madness but in a good way which gives grin factor 10 :laugh:  The car is mapped using a unique 1:1 linear throttle map with, linear progressive load control vs rpm which is open loop control for the boost and N75, but for full load the ecu reverts to closed loop boost control..  You will skocked how easy it is to drive and use all the power, even powering out of bends in 3rd at 70% throttle it dont feel like it wants to head for a ditch, or understeer into the path of oncoming traffic.     Its only as aggressive as you want it to be.. :driver:

James's was the TFSI is have used our new TIV mapping style which ditches some of the ecus torque interventions to allow for a faster ramp rate on the load and on its own merits gained 50lbft.

Nick Gower
R-Tech Performance Tuning
Hinckley 01455 617233
Bespoke ECU Software for 1.8T & 2.0TFSI

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #398 on: October 30, 2012, 07:38:50 pm »
The reason that James' car is making so much power is nothing to do with Nick's mapping skills. It's because James has all my old hardware parts off my ED30 when I got rid of it...  :P :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #399 on: October 30, 2012, 09:25:19 pm »
Does anyone know what the difference between the Ed30 engine and the ED35?  As my stage 1 ED35 makes nearly the same power/torque as my old stage 2 ED30 did.  It feels just as fast from my bum dyno, but then there is only 5 bhp differnce, the Ed30 being run at SRR and obviously the ED35 at JKM.

Cheers in advance

Oli are you not selling your '35 now?

Yes, its up for sale, but if it doesnt sell for the right amount, I dont think Ill be too bothered.  Im feeling the love after finding 300 horses from stage 1.  Thinking of upgrading tyres, and maybe stage 2 if it doesnt sell...........
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline Shabba168

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #400 on: October 31, 2012, 07:14:41 pm »
Does anyone know what the difference between the Ed30 engine and the ED35?  As my stage 1 ED35 makes nearly the same power/torque as my old stage 2 ED30 did.  It feels just as fast from my bum dyno, but then there is only 5 bhp differnce, the Ed30 being run at SRR and obviously the ED35 at JKM.

Cheers in advance

Yes, its up for sale, but if it doesnt sell for the right amount, I dont think Ill be too bothered.  Im feeling the love after finding 300 horses from stage 1.  Thinking of upgrading tyres, and maybe stage 2 if it doesnt sell...........

Think we need to hook u up on stage 2

Offline james

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #401 on: November 01, 2012, 03:02:57 pm »
Just read all this!!

It is a crazy car if you planted your foot you would just spin and makes it pointless,  With the trottle map it is 100% useable but it is like learning to drive again lol.

Got to take my hat of nick  :drinking:

It will be going AWD for some crazy lauch fun! but having some fun with my diff first.

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #402 on: November 01, 2012, 06:40:35 pm »

Cheers in advance

Think we need to hook u up on stage 2

Ive been thinking that myself!!!  Would probably end up around 320bhp.  Its fast enough as it is!
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #403 on: November 01, 2012, 08:37:04 pm »
Looked like I missed a good one... Will have to wait to the next one in feb to see what JKM's Revo stage2+ gives ;-)
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #404 on: November 01, 2012, 10:02:32 pm »

Looked like I missed a good one... Will have to wait to the next one in feb to see what JKM's Revo stage2+ gives ;-)

....I think that h4rdy's Ed30 Revo stage2+ made 322 bhp at JKM, Dom.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!