Make a donation

Author Topic: BT wiring kits  (Read 2986 times)

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
BT wiring kits
« on: April 25, 2012, 08:29:53 pm »
hi all i got a car systems  wiring kit today and was wondering what do you connect this or not?

also when using the BT unit can you still use the MDI or Ipod adaptor?
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 69
  • -Receive: 81
Re: BT wiring kits
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 08:45:16 pm »
Hi,
I have just installed the same kit.
I also have a kufatec MDI loom, but have not dealt with that yet, while I get the BT working.
One should plug into the other but I notice there is a blanking plate on my MDI loom which confuses matters.

Coming off the main connector in your picture should be 2 white 2 pin connectors, one male one female.
You will then have a microphone with cable and connector. This connects to the two pin connector with the white wires in your picture.
The other connector has grey and purple wires, this connects to the black shielded cable which runs down to the blue tooth unit.

You then have the blue tooth antenna (if you have the same kit as me) that plugs into the bluetooth box.
See the thread here for a guide on fitting (the only difference is that my kit has a separate antenna to be routed up the drivers a pillar and mounted near the windscreen):
Fitting Guide
And here for my thread on installation / coding issues:
Installation / Coding

What is the part number of the BT module you are fitting?
Jas
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 08:50:51 pm by jason_rmh »

VCDS (Preston, Lancashire)

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 08:49:39 pm »
That might be to wire with or without voice control.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 08:52:23 pm »
Yep thats correct.
If you want to wire with voice control you connect as I said.
If you want to wire without, the mic connects to a 2 pin connector not in the above picture which routes back to the blue tooth unit. Leaving the 2 pin connector coming from the head unit empty.
Jas

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 09:09:41 pm »
Thank you both thats ideal, so how does voice control work and is it another box that needs adding? take it the plug with the white wires and the plug with 2 purple wires go to something for voice control?

the kit ive got is a 5P0862335C, does anyone know the full pros and cons to this kit? ive read that it works with iphones but some say it will stream music some say it wont, others say it will bring the info up on the highline others say it wont????? any info would be great
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: Re: Re: BT wiring kits
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 09:22:52 pm »
Thank you both thats ideal, so how does voice control work and is it another box that needs adding? take it the plug with the white wires and the plug with 2 purple wires go to something for voice control?
If you connect the two pairs of white 2 pin plugs, that should allow voice control, no extra box, but may need enabling in vcds. Also, I think you need the star button on the steering wheel.
I'm no expert though, just picking this up as I go, when installing my kit.

Not sure in the 5p kit, Eddie-NL or vrstu may be able to advise on that.

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 09:30:57 pm »
Yeah ive got the star button on my MFSW so the plug with 2 whits and the plug with 2 purples connect them up and that gives voice control? ok next question will voice control work with an RCD300 or RCD310, or is it only the RNS510 that it works on?

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: Re: BT wiring kits
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 09:37:24 pm »
The plug with 2 whites connects to the wire that extends from the mic.
The plug with purple connects to another plug near by that traces down a black shielded cable. Into the connector for the BT box.
That will give voice control. :)

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 09:36:10 pm »
Phil,

Here's a picture of what I was trying to explain, I took this earlier of my BT installation:

Edit: Just noticed you're selling the kit :-(
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:38:05 pm by jason_rmh »

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 09:49:03 pm »
Phil,

Here's a picture of what I was trying to explain, I took this earlier of my BT installation:

Edit: Just noticed you're selling the kit :-(

Thank you mate :happy2:, yes i put the kit up forsale (due to having 2 customers who havent paid there bills :confused:) i was a little worried about funds so was going thro all my stock and thought id put it up forsale, but things are looking up and TBH i wanna keep and fit it in mine, may even try and do it this weekend :happy2: