Make a donation

Author Topic: C63 AMG  (Read 12536 times)

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Audi S3
    • Email
Re: C63 AMG
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 02:15:02 pm »
My mate has one, My S3 (Stage 2+) beats it to 80 just but after that its pulls lengths on the S3. I would swap mine for one any day its a great car to drive & the noise is something else.

For Sale - Airlift Performance Struts & Accuair Elevel/Ilevel Management - 18" BBS E28 Magnesium Split Wheels, Carbon Fibre Front Splitter
Old Car 2009 Audi S3 365bhp Gone - New Car 2013 C63 Amg Now With 525bhp

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 03:49:54 pm »
Again I've fallen for another car....not a GTR this time as it's a no go with costs etc

Merc C63 AMG this time, decent spec ones are 32/37 K at the moment, running costs? Had a word with merc and It was less than I thought, has anyone got any advice and knowledge on them? lots of car for the money, would one have the legs on my 2+ Eddie  :ashamed:
Cheers guys
Jack

A DSG Stage 2+ Eddie will keep tabs with a stock C63 to around triple figures mate, but that is where the similarities will end unfortunately :sad1: Anyone who expects otherwise would want taking away by men in White coats.  :rolleye: Totally different class of car..
My old man has a fully loaded coupe arriving in July (complete with PP) and I am heading over to Germany to collect it with him  :jumpmove: Awesome car, with awesome potential. You just need to have very deep pockets to run one and regards a 2nd hand example, early teens mpg, rear boots lasting single figures and garage bills being generally over 4 figures would make me look elsewhere tbh. M3 will be a much more balanced car and will only lose out to the Merc in a straight line drag..

One thing that I wanted mainly when i bought mine was a fast car but for decent money. It's standard figures are 412bhp, 0-62 in 4.9s, top speed is 155mph limited. The current figures are 472bhp, 1/4 mile in 13.8s and approximately 4.6 for 0-62 and over 175mph. To buy mine would cost £16,500 now and is pretty cheap to service compared to the BMW n Merc equivalents.

If you're VXR8 is doing a 13.8 1/4, then it's a fair way off the pace of a C63 chap. They will run 12's all day long without breaking a sweat.

I do agree that the VXR8's are getting silly cheap now though. I saw a 630bhp S/C'd monster in the classifieds the other month for about £17k!!!  :surprised: :rolleye: Heaven knows what it would do to the gallon though  :scared:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 03:53:37 pm by Sunglasses Ron »

Offline Powervalve Nige

• Trader - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 84
  • -Receive: 76
  • Don't get angry, get a beter argument
    • POWERVALVE
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 03:58:04 pm »
We've got an 08 plate coming in for a full Exhaust system in 3 weeks time - should be amazing  :happy2:

Offline JackG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 04:16:25 pm »
I will do some bits and bobs to it  :jumping: I wanted a M3 before but running costs age to costly for me, valve clearance and vanos faults and brakes etc is a big cost, I did check up on the merc and it I cheaper than the M3 from what I've found, I don't expect any performance car to b cheap to run  :popcornsoda:

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Ifti

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 05:10:11 pm »
C63 AMG Coupe, and the BMW M3. Both awesome cars. I wouldn't be able to decide between them TBH!
Always had a soft spot for the M3, but the C63 AMG Coupe looks awesome!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 05:32:48 pm »
Buy an M3 with a 2 year approved used warranty from a dealer, then it's roughly £700 p/a to extend the fully comp zero excess. The warranty is bomb proof, not like the kind of resistance you get with VAG.

A few of my mates have M3s, I don't know of one that's had any warranty work. I wouldn't believe everything you read on the internet, likewise its running costs.

That said, a few workmates have C63s after they accidentally appeared on the company car list. They are staggeringly good cars. You'd be happy with either, but need deeper pockets for the latter IMO.
Sideways yo!

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 05:39:03 pm »
If you're VXR8 is doing a 13.8 1/4, then it's a fair way off the pace of a C63 chap. They will run 12's all day long without breaking a sweat.

I do agree that the VXR8's are getting silly cheap now though. I saw a 630bhp S/C'd monster in the classifieds the other month for about £17k!!!  :surprised: :rolleye: Heaven knows what it would do to the gallon though  :scared:

The fastest I have got at Santa Pod is 13.8s but with me only having one leg I have to keep my foot on the brake until the green light shows otherwise the car rolls forward and breaks the beam so it comes up as a false start. With this I obviously had very bad starts with 0.92s reaction time being the best I got.

With my brother driving it on the same day he got a fastest time of 12.6s 1/4 mile and a reaction time of 0.3s but I don't bother telling people that's how quick it did because that's not with me driving. On the strip that same day someone had a C63 AMG saloon and the quickest he got was 12.3s 1/4 mile with a reaction time of something like 0.36s which to me says they are pretty similar on performance. The C63 is around 100kg lighter IIRC but just under 25bhp less power too.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 05:50:02 pm »
Still wouldn't be as quick as a Megane :innocent:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 06:04:27 pm »
or the seat super car  :laugh: unless you also get a super dooper home made intake

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 06:05:27 pm »
don't know why you guys just don't buy the meg, seem to mention it enough :happy2:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline JackG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 06:23:34 pm »
Still wouldn't be as quick as a Megane :innocent:
Never fail to make me laugh  :love:

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 06:24:23 pm »
don't know why you guys just don't buy the meg, seem to mention it enough :happy2:

Me thinks someone has the Sarcasm filter on  :smiley:

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 06:25:10 pm »

Me thinks someone has the Sarcasm filter on  :smiley:
:grin:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012, 07:07:51 pm »
Amazing noise, very quick, bland interior and awful on fuel. But bloody good fun!.  We had one in at work and I averaged 15mpg or something, it just sounds so good when you boot it! I would imagine running costs fairly similar to my old RS4 - reasonable servicing, brakes etc are expensive, and go through tyres very quickly :laugh: I wouldn't want one without a Mercedes warranty.
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2012, 07:24:03 pm »
Ive just a had a look at the prices of the V10 BMW M5s on autotrader

:surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

http://www4.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/bmw/m5/postcode/ng95gx/radius/1500/sort/default/engine-size-cars/5lplus

That is one hell of alot of car for the money.  How reliable and cheap to run are these?