Make a donation

Author Topic: sps setings revo stage2+  (Read 2097 times)

Offline chopper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
sps setings revo stage2+
« on: April 26, 2012, 10:58:04 pm »
got revo stage 2+ on my edition 30 today... Karl at Revo suggested set boost 6, timing 4 and fuel 5 .... seems to drive well, but I notice other sps settings on search here seem a bit higher.
should i expect mine to be higher? im running APR HPFP and TBE  along with forge twintake and twintercooler.

Offline Poppa Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
Re: sps setings revo stage2+
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 11:05:23 pm »
Every car is different, optimum settings can only be achieved via data logging really.

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 11:32:05 pm »
got revo stage 2+ on my edition 30 today... Karl at Revo suggested set boost 6, timing 4 and fuel 5 .... seems to drive well, but I notice other sps settings on search here seem a bit higher.
should i expect mine to be higher? im running APR HPFP and TBE  along with forge twintake and twintercooler.

Who installed your map as the setting Karl Carl suggested seems to just be a safe starting point from where you can further tweak with logging.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline ktlstar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 02:29:54 am »
mine is 8 5 5
- #1240 ED30 Revo STAGE2+
- Southeast - Vag Com owner

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 05:54:27 am »
I'm 8 5 6 ot 9 5 6

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 08:53:21 am »

Every car is different, optimum settings can only be achieved via data logging really.

.... x 2

I would primarily be guided for the actual B/T/F numbers by Revo or one of their dealers who you respect, not by us hyperinterwebbynet experts.

Also, my experience of Revo Karl is that he is always inclined to achieve the maximum performance for you.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline chopper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 07:59:43 pm »
the settings i had applied were phoned over by Carl from Revo as the recommended setting for stage 2+. my installer loaded them on and data logged and felt everything was fine... he did suggest they could be increased though. i havent bought the sps unit yet and wondered would i expect to see much change in performance with an increase in the settings? how easy is the sps to use?
one final query if anyone has experience of it - i have a bluefin device which can do data logging. can i use it even if i have a revo remaP?

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 08:28:12 pm »
Whereabouts are you based, maybe someone with an SPS and CCDs can get you all set up  :happy2:

Offline chopper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 08:39:23 pm »
im based in northern ireland.... ill probably end up getting the sps and go back to my installer and get him to do the logs. ive been reading more about sps on revotechnik website and it seems fairly reasonable to understand. just need data logging done.