Make a donation

Author Topic: Not another "Oil Pressure Warning Light" thread..... Oh yes it is!!  (Read 2151 times)

logorocks

Hi Everyone, I really hope you can help.

I have noticed quite a few forum posts on this subject of Oil Pressure Warning Lights coming on, but as yet none seem to describe or solve the problem I am finding.

My issue is this. For the past month My Oil Pressure Warning Light has started to come on very intermittently. Not when I am doing anything specific, so no bumps, or going round corners or starting up, idling, cold engine etc etc. Just when ever it feels like it, it will come on for anywhere between 5 seconds and 1 minute. Only to go away again until the next time. The oil pressure whenever I take a read though is normal.

Now I have taken it to my mechanic mate and we have done a complete flush, cleaned the gauze and pipes (not blocked but the oil was a bit sludgy), replaced with new oil. Put on a brand new sensor and cleaned up the wiring (a little gunky again). Yet after all of that it still does it. Again only every now and then and not during any specific action.

So my question is this. I don't think it is any of the above common problems as I have covered them all off. I don't think it would be the pump as it would happen during some specific mechanical function and be repetitive (under increased load, cornering, bumps, etc). Does anyone have any ideas what could be happening or what I could check? If it is the oil pup someone said it would cost upwards of £700, is that true?!?!

Any help/advice would be great!

Offline Gti_Mad

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
Re: Not another "Oil Pressure Warning Light" thread..... Oh yes it is!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 07:46:27 pm »
R-Tech nick did a post on this a while back and it turned out to be the oil pick up in the sump blocked

Had the ED30, but not got the balls.

Mk5 silver 5door Ed30 1707- now sold
Mk6 silver 3door Golf R- current

Offline clivey

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 07:55:48 pm »
bonnet release catch mate brige the connector if the goes out than latch is faulty.

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 10:50:51 am »
bonnet release catch mate brige the connector if the goes out than latch is faulty.

This was my problem the wires where damaged and once a new loom was bought never came back :happy2: