Make a donation

Author Topic: Parking Fine.....  (Read 3495 times)

Offline patrickcullen87

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Parking Fine.....
« on: April 30, 2012, 08:00:39 am »
Wondering if anyone can help me here, I have heard people say that private companies can't give u parking tickets and only the council can.

Well basically I was in Falkirk retail park and the carpark was mobbed! I was only popping in to the cinema to drop my girlfriends purse off to her so I parked in a disabled parking space for Litrally 5 minutes as there was about 20 free spaces at the front door. Came back to the cat 5 minutes later to find a ticket for a £60 fine!

Is there anyway I can get away without paying it??
Or do I just bite the bullet and pay?

Thanks
Admin Notice Sig Removed - Signature images should be no bigger than 450 pixels wide x 150 pixels high

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
Re: Parking Fine.....
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 08:07:26 am »
If its a private company then dont pay, if its goverement, council, issued by either a council tivket warden ot traffic police and or regular and communal.support officers then.you have to pay.

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 10:37:21 am »
Are you disabled ? If not then you have parked illegally  :rolleye: you should expect a fine

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline patrickcullen87

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 10:42:03 am »
Are you disabled ? If not then you have parked illegally  :rolleye: you should expect a fine

I didn't know it was in fact illegal, I thought it was just common courtesy. It's not as if I was depriving someone of a parking space, there were around 20 empty disabled bays and I was only parked for a few minutes. I could see that point if there were only 1 or 2 spaces left then fair enough I wouldn't hav parked there.
Admin Notice Sig Removed - Signature images should be no bigger than 450 pixels wide x 150 pixels high

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 10:56:09 am »
The authorities aren't going to be in the least interested in your reasons, justification, or excuse. Disabled parking bays are always very clearly marked.... [/end of]

What pisses me off is that disabled badge holders can park absolutely anywhere. They should be allowed to stop and pick up or drop off anywhere but not leave their car unattended anywhere regardless of safety - Blocking the view of a pedestrian crossing, for example. I think that some of them are disabled in the brain!  :stupid:  :rolleye:

And what pisses me off even more are those people who have a disabled relative and a blue badge but very rarely transport them and also park anywhere unsafely :fighting: [/rant]

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 11:30:46 am »
The authorities aren't going to be in the least interested in your reasons, justification, or excuse. Disabled parking bays are always very clearly marked.... [/end of]

What pisses me off is that disabled badge holders can park absolutely anywhere. They should be allowed to stop and pick up or drop off anywhere but not leave their car unattended anywhere regardless of safety - Blocking the view of a pedestrian crossing, for example. I think that some of them are disabled in the brain!  :stupid:  :rolleye:

And what pisses me off even more are those people who have a disabled relative and a blue badge but very rarely transport them and also park anywhere unsafely :fighting: [/rant]

As Robin says If you or your girlfriend aren't a blue badge holder then you should'nt use the bays - pay the fine for being lazy.

Robin I think you'll find there are quite strict rules on where you can or can't park with a Blue badge and Pedestrian crossings (zebra, pelican, toucan and puffin crossings), including areas marked by zig-zag lines aren't allowed.

Using someone else's badge for your own use isn't acceptable either; The badge is for there use and benefit only. It must only be displayed if you are travelling in the vehicle as a driver or passenger, or if someone is collecting you or dropping you off and needs to park at the place where you are being collected or dropped.
It also states, You must never give the badge to friends or family to allow them to park for free, even if they are visiting you. You should not allow non-disabled people to take advantage of the benefits from your badge while you sit in the car.

As per usual, the problem isn't with the rules, It's just that people choose to ignore them - just as we see all the time with people still using mobile phones :mad:

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 12:05:57 pm »
Falkirk retail park is often patrolled by a stout chap on bicycle with Hi-Vis vest, therefore the fine will have been enforced most likely by a private management firm. I'm not sure if there is a 'grace period' in disabled bays, but more often than not the disabled spaces outside the local Tesco store are abused by ATM users...and never any security chaps patrolling that area.
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)

Offline patrickcullen87

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 12:08:21 pm »
Falkirk retail park is often patrolled by a stout chap on bicycle with Hi-Vis vest, therefore the fine will have been enforced most likely by a private management firm. I'm not sure if there is a 'grace period' in disabled bays, but more often than not the disabled spaces outside the local Tesco store are abused by ATM users...and never any security chaps patrolling that area.
I have heard a lot of people that receive fines from private companies choose not to pay them and tend to get away with it?

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 12:37:08 pm »
Who has issued the parking ticket, TPS, UKPC etc.

I agree with RedRobin on this one. No blue badge = no right to occupy a disabled bay. Remember they are there for those with restricted mobilty.

With that said. If the ticket was issued by a private company it is not enforceable but expect a couple of letters demanding payment then threats of legal action.
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline Dp_Ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 12:55:01 pm »
Bin the fine, as above they will send you letters saying they are going to take action against you but the do nothing.

I racked up £420 in 3 days from the morrisons in Camden town, all 3 went in the bin

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 01:03:46 pm »

I racked up £420 in 3 days from the morrisons in Camden town, all 3 went in the bin

....Hopefully those fines weren't for parking in blue badge bays.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline jameelno1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
  • TDI Power
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 04:37:22 pm »
private companies u dont need to pay they wont even bother to take you to court but government ones will
golf mk5 1.9 tdi

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 04:41:34 pm »
did i read correctly you thought able bodied people are obliged to park in delicated disabled bays if enough are free  :surprised:
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline patrickcullen87

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 04:45:19 pm »
did i read correctly you thought able bodied people are obliged to park in delicated disabled bays if enough are free  :surprised:

No that's not what I am saying.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 04:53:14 pm »
private companies u dont need to pay they wont even bother to take you to court but government ones will

Maybe Government ones these days do but they never used to bother, one of my mates GF's worked for greater Manchester council and she dealt with parking fines, apparantly they only had enough staff to deal with approx 25% of fines, so you had a 1 in 4 chance of having to pay, good odds  :happy2:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14