Make a donation

Author Topic: United Vs sh*tty.... Speak to me!  (Read 15655 times)

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
Re: United Vs sh*tty.... Speak to me!
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2012, 05:52:50 am »

I can't argue with the fact that Henderson, Adam and Downing in particular have been dire. Having Suarez out for so many games on top of Gerrard's injuries has hurt us, and Kenny is right in that we've drawn and lost many games where many chances were created, but not clinical enough in front of goal.

Anyway, It doesn't matter what I say, as Haters are gonna Hate!

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

R32UK

« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2012, 07:48:59 am »
Not being clinical in front of goal for me boils down to one thing... having that big lump carroll uf front when really you require a goal scorer. Someone with the natural ability and desire to put the ball in the back of the net. Very similar to Robbie fowler back in the day. Once this is addressed i do believe of the 31x we have hit the woodwork, many more would have gone in.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2012, 08:31:57 am »
People forget that at Newcastle Andy Carroll was a very good player. He was completely unplayable leading the line and gave defences a torrid time. But at Liverpool you've got a player who has lost all confidence, and they're just not using his strengths at all (think Crouch at Stoke). We had our whole game plan revolve around him, but that's never going to happen at Liverpool, and he isn't a player who can adapt his style. That's not his fault and Kenny should have known that when they bought him.

You've also got to remember that it was really Chelsea who paid £35m for him.

I have a fair amount of sympathy for him to be honest, as do many NUFC fans.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2012, 08:41:55 am »
Get in there u Blues!!!!

From a lifetime Liverpool fan!!!  :booty:

+1, YNWA Jussa!

It's a sad state of affairs that a club as big and as illustrious as Liverpool has to look on and  cheer for 'anyone but'. Shows how far they've fallen.  :P

Yes I am glad United will remain only 1 title ahead of Liverpool, and I hope City win the title as it'll be nice to see someone else win it other than United. And I wonder how many United fans will be cheering Liverpool on in the FA Cup Final on Sunday as we go for our second major trophy of the season?

+78659  :notworthy:  YNWA!!!!!!
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2012, 02:20:10 pm »
Well done to City, from a United Fan, is the league over?, nope  :happy2:, 2 more games yet, 2 more potential slip ups for City, Home against swansea and away against the second United Team in the league, think we will win those two, come on NEWCASTLE!  :P
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2012, 05:15:56 pm »
People forget that at Newcastle Andy Carroll was a very good player. He was completely unplayable leading the line and gave defences a torrid time. But at Liverpool you've got a player who has lost all confidence, and they're just not using his strengths at all (think Crouch at Stoke). We had our whole game plan revolve around him, but that's never going to happen at Liverpool, and he isn't a player who can adapt his style. That's not his fault and Kenny should have known that when they bought him.

You've also got to remember that it was really Chelsea who paid £35m for him.

I have a fair amount of sympathy for him to be honest, as do many NUFC fans.
I agree Andrew, he needs to play every week, but to do that Liverpool would have to play to his style every week, and that's never gonna happen. He would be better at a different club. Buying him was a mistake. We should have held out for the rest of last season, and spent the money more wisely in the summer, and got a world-beater striker for 35m or less. Damian Comolli should have been shot for that one, let alone fired! The best Carroll will get is a super-sub role where he'd come on if the usual Liverpool style wasn't working. But he's not the only one to blame. Downing and Adam have been shocking in providing no service for him when he has played. They have both been such a dissapointment, although Downing is finding his feet now, and looks a lot more confident.

Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2012, 05:26:33 pm »
Erm can we keep this thread on track please. It is about laughing at United not reminding me of Liverpools woes.  :P

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2012, 05:39:10 pm »
'Arry Redknapp, with your face like a melted candle :signLOL:

What happened Spurs fan, you were meant to be title contenders!? And now you're relying on clubs beating small time rivals like Newcastle! What a joke.

Whatever!!!!

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2012, 05:40:30 pm »

I agree Andrew, he needs to play every week, but to do that Liverpool would have to play to his style every week, and that's never gonna happen. He would be better at a different club. Buying him was a mistake. We should have held out for the rest of last season, and spent the money more wisely in the summer, and got a world-beater striker for 35m or less. Damian Comolli should have been shot for that one, let alone fired! The best Carroll will get is a super-sub role where he'd come on if the usual Liverpool style wasn't working. But he's not the only one to blame. Downing and Adam have been shocking in providing no service for him when he has played. They have both been such a dissapointment, although Downing is finding his feet now, and looks a lot more confident.

The Issue Adam has is that he "WAS a Big player at a small club", now he is just "an average player at a small club"  :signLOL:

Laugh at United all you like, remember Citeh led most of the season and slipped up, the season is not over, at least we have been in the title race for the last 20 years  :grin:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 05:43:41 pm by Tamiyoman »

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2012, 06:17:00 pm »
Citeh deserved the win pretty much outclassing Utd in every department although didnt create much chances.

Also since whens the carling cup a major trophy??? The BIG teams use it for there bench warmers and promising young talent to get game time. Liverpool really are a poor side, RVP has scored more goals than there entire strike force put together :ashamed:

I would love Newcastle to beat spurs and chavski to fourth and hopefully qualify for the CL, although i think they would struggle to fight on all fronts next season if that were to happen. Not entirely sure how they have managed to get in contention for the CL mind.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2012, 06:29:12 pm »
Erm can we keep this thread on track please. It is about laughing at United not reminding me of Liverpools woes.  :P

Sorry Top Cat.

United £800m in debt and potless 2011/2012 Season  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

R32UK

« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2012, 07:04:10 pm »

Sorry Top Cat.

United £800m in debt and potless 2011/2012 Season  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Just to add... you have to give massive credit to the united fans on talk sport asking for the manager to be sacked  :signLOL:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2012, 07:07:00 pm »

Sorry Top Cat.

Did I miss something, has season ended early?

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2012, 07:08:56 pm »

Sorry Top Cat.

Just to add... you have to give massive credit to the united fans on talk sport asking for the manager to be sacked  :signLOL:

Another season for Fergie then Mourinho enters the "Theatre of Dreams", I can see Ronaldo coming with him too  :happy2:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2012, 07:13:45 pm »
Citeh deserved the win pretty much outclassing Utd in every department although didnt create much chances.

As a United fan I would agree, we were beaten on most areas of the pitch

Also since whens the carling cup a major trophy??? The BIG teams use it for there bench warmers and promising young talent to get game time. Liverpool really are a poor side, RVP has scored more goals than there entire strike force put together :ashamed:

Its not is it  :happy2:, but then they need to cling onto anything they can get trophy wise  :grin:, Carling Cup referred to as the "Toffee Cup", great for the second team's match fitness

I would love Newcastle to beat spurs and chavski to fourth and hopefully qualify for the CL, although i think they would struggle to fight on all fronts next season if that were to happen. Not entirely sure how they have managed to get in contention for the CL mind.

I would love Newcastle to Beat Citeh  :happy2: and hope that spurs get in CL as they played well last time out and have a team capable of doing well on the night, sorry to any Newcastle fans but I dont see them as anywhere near good enough for the CL (Yet), another season or two and one or two signings and they could do OK, if only someone in Africa would forward Ba's shooting boots on to him as he clearly left them there!  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:17:02 pm by Tamiyoman »