Make a donation

Author Topic: What's needed for stage two??  (Read 5860 times)

Offline Hogster

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
What's needed for stage two??
« on: April 30, 2012, 05:03:36 pm »
Had a stage one celtic tuning map put on my Edition 30 a couple of months ago and have since added a Miltek TBE.

The car made 274bhp before the exhaust and while is feels much better now I was under the impression it would need a stage two now.

Having spoken to the 'technical' department at Celtic they tell me there is nothing more can be achieved without a new turbo etc, I know that an intake and intercooler is the next step but does the Miltek not require some map tweaking?

And before I get flamed... yes I know I should have used a reputable tuner off here  :ashamed:

Any advice appreciated  :happy2:

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
Re: What's needed for stage two??
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 05:14:27 pm »
Very basic description would be that :

Stage 1 needs no mods just the remap
Stage 2 is just needs the addition downpipe and remap
Stage 2+ is just the addition of a HPFP

At any time you can add an intercooler and ofcourse an intake which would both maximise the gains if you went above stage 1

Sounds like they don't know what they are talking about if they've only done a stage 1 map to your car and now say there is nothing left to do  :stupid:

Click the search button to check out lots of threads on the possibilities of what you can do and whats needed at each stage of tune  :happy2:

HTH

Dave

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 05:24:42 pm »

Having spoken to the 'technical' department at Celtic they tell me there is nothing more can be achieved without a new turbo etc

....What? A new turbo!? You have a K04 turbo'd Ed30 and an aftermarket high-flow air intake would instantly increase your bhp (if that's what you seek).

I would advise getting to know your car on Stage 1 first. You're gonna need bigger brakes and handling mods too if you start upping the power.

Sounds like they don't know what they are talking about if they've only done a stage 1 map to your car and now say there is nothing left to do  :stupid:

.... x 2 !!  :stupid:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 05:25:51 pm »
Celtic is synonymous with new turbo's.  :wink:

Offline Hogster

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 05:27:37 pm »

Tell me more  :confused:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 05:39:30 pm »

Tell me more  :confused:

Well hopefully it wont affect you but that name isn't the best on another forum I frequent. Google is your friend.  :wink:

Offline Hogster

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 06:02:20 pm »
Google is not my friend now :wink:

They certainly do seem to have a rep for frying turbo's.

I had the car originally mapped by R tech but was since diagnosed (post Celtic map) with a blown DV. Think i'll call R tech and get there map back on.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=roga4p7d2a8f3ccsgq9tjmdae7&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 06:22:53 pm »
Had a stage one celtic tuning map put on my Edition 30 a couple of months ago and have since added a Miltek TBE.

The car made 274bhp before the exhaust and while is feels much better now I was under the impression it would need a stage two now.

Having spoken to the 'technical' department at Celtic they tell me there is nothing more can be achieved without a new turbo etc, I know that an intake and intercooler is the next step but does the Miltek not require some map tweaking?

And before I get flamed... yes I know I should have used a reputable tuner off here  :ashamed:

Any advice appreciated  :happy2:

Any tuner who says that should be hung drawn and quartered..... i wouldn't let them touch my car.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 06:28:20 pm »
A K04 out of steam at 274Hp!!!!!!!  If they think that then they officially have no idea what they are talking about.  :fighting: theres another 70+Hp locked up in that turbo in there which the other tuners no how to release
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:10:27 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 06:42:56 pm »
So it appears that Celtic is also synonymous with Custard  :evilgrin:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 06:54:58 pm »
Why did you chose to get the celtic map put on and the r tech one taken off?

Offline Hogster

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 07:10:35 pm »
Got the r tech one put on about six months ago but there RR was out of action, The car pulled better and I was happy.

A couple of months ago I put it on a RR local to me and it only made 229bhp so being a T**T I got the place to put there (celtic) map on, it then made 231bhp and the DV was diagnosed (me being £350 lighter)

I know I should have gone straight back to R tech but I work 6 day weeks and being impatient I thought the new map would cure it, turns out a £40 dv did the job  :grin:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 07:24:52 pm »

A couple of months ago I put it on a RR local to me and it only made 229bhp so being a T**T I got the place to put there (celtic) map on, it then made 231bhp and the DV was diagnosed (me being £350 lighter)

I know I should have gone straight back to R tech but I work 6 day weeks and being impatient I thought the new map would cure it, turns out a £40 dv did the job  :grin:

....Hmm, was it Celtic's rolling road that plotted 229 bhp? And they then offered you their remap?

Celtic should have logged your car and diagnosed the faulty DV.

On the face of it, it all sounds very fishy.

You can trust Nick at R-tech.

Offline Hogster

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 07:28:36 pm »
Was a Celtic agent, Tbh i'm to blame for rushing into it and not making time to get it back up to R tech.

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 07:30:57 pm »
^^^
Agree with Robin sounds very dodgy and like they have made you spend money on a remap that you didn't need!!  :fighting:

Heard only good things on here about R-Tech so i'm sure it'll get sorted by them and an expensive lesson learned of taking people at face value maybe

Dave