Make a donation

Author Topic: *****FOOTBALL THREAD*****  (Read 41568 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: *****FOOTBALL THREAD*****
« Reply #150 on: May 13, 2012, 07:48:37 pm »
£700 in my pocket, I am (sort of) happy city won.........end of............until next season  :happy2:

great day for footie though and man u winning sweetfa this season puts a nice spin on it

Its a "GAME" chaps   :stupid:, I am no longer a supporter who gets upset at losing or mopes about until the new season (life is too short), the game carries on, If I can take "Solace" in winning money off the back of another team winning with a shrewd bet then why not?  

Not sure about most folks, but it comes to me laying a Bet, I generally bet on who I think WILL win, I do NOT bet on who I would WANT to win  :stupid:
kind of defines the utd supporters there really :stupid:

No doubt there will be millions moping around when England don't get past the group stage in June/July  :ashamed: (yes I will admit it now that I have bet AGAINST England qualifying from their group!)  :surprised:

I do hope that I LOSE that bet tho!

Now we can all look forward to this thread re-opening in August and it all starts again  :happy2:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:36:50 am by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: May 13, 2012, 08:04:29 pm »
I couldn't really have given a f**k who won  :grin: Fantastic being in that position yet able to so keenly watch top level football  :laugh:

Whoever you support, you have to say the ending was frantically exciting!  :congrats:
Even the best La Liga and Serie A games are not half as exciting as that. Great advert for English league football and the Prem.

........... You have to say, it's nice putting the news on this evening and not hearing "Manchester United have retained yet another Premier league title..."  :evilgrin:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2012, 08:09:17 pm »
Spurs man here!!
Well, it was a HE'LL OF A DAY for all of us. I was watching 3 Sky Sports Channels are boy that was exciting. For me personally I wanted the Arse and to lose (and Spurs win) but all said and done to finish forth is something to be proud of this season for us.
 Being English and a supporter of football I would like Chelsea to win CL BUT as a Lillywhite I want them to lose, would love to be back at the Lane on those Tuesday/Wednesday evenings entertaining the greatest club teams in the world.
 Oh and checked my Bet365 account and after all the bets I placed on various outcomes from the season I think I am £2 up! Better stick to the day job!!
 :signLOL: :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

R32UK

« Reply #153 on: May 13, 2012, 08:22:14 pm »
i see the merit of betting on teams that you think may win/lose but a golden rule I have is not to bet against my team. messes with the karma  :signLOL:

although my recent £1 accumilator that banked me £1800 was quite nice. just gutted on my other 13 fold 2 weeks ago...... 12 correct 1 draw (would have banked me £1600 from £1)

oh well... man u won squat this season!!! I would swap all my winnings for that  :signLOL: :signLOL:

R32UK

« Reply #154 on: May 13, 2012, 08:25:35 pm »
just checked my prem league accumulator for today... 8 fold. 7 correct  :ashamed:

had stoke down to win  :indifferent:

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: May 13, 2012, 08:37:12 pm »
Balls, I forgot to put some money on earlier. I saw at one stage yesterday up until midday ish' some household name bookies were paying 9/1 for City to win. Worth a tenner even before the chaotic events, surely?  :surprised:

No wonder a few people are collecting some nice figures with winning slips  :happy2:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #156 on: May 13, 2012, 08:56:13 pm »
Well, just put a "few" bets on the Chelsea v Bayern. Best one is a flip flop with Chelsea to win at 40/1.

Anyway, back to football on the pitch, who do you all fancy for the promotion play-off final, West Ham or Blackpool? I would like to see the Hammers back with us!
 :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2012, 08:59:04 pm »
Congrats to city, think they deserved it over the season.  :congrats:

Now bring on the euros!  :pomppomp: :pomppomp:

R32UK

« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2012, 09:05:46 pm »
Well, just put a "few" bets on the Chelsea v Bayern. Best one is a flip flop with Chelsea to win at 40/1.

Anyway, back to football on the pitch, who do you all fancy for the promotion play-off final, West Ham or Blackpool? I would like to see the Hammers back with us!
 :happy2:

Normally I would go for the hammers... but with big sam in charge and the way blackpool played last season, i have to go for them to come up.  :happy2:

Offline PND

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 62
  • "Every great journey starts with a single step.."
« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2012, 09:16:41 pm »
It was never in doubt.  :notworthy:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #160 on: May 13, 2012, 09:23:32 pm »
Likewise, Blackpool were a credit to the Premier League last season and I hope they return. Fat Sam, Gold, and Sullivan can rot in the lower leagues.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: May 13, 2012, 10:16:37 pm »
  :booty:

oh well... man u won squat this season!!! I would swap all my winnings for that  :signLOL: :signLOL:

I did do  :happy2:, United missed out on prem this season (hey but 12 from 19 ain't bad  :booty:) and £600 left to pay for some more mods is all good  :signLOL:

And yes it was a great end to the season, thoroughly enjoyed, looking forward to collecting my winnings next year  :happy2:

West ham v blackpool, tought one to call but my cash is on West Ham although personally I would prefer blackpool in the division again as they were great and their manager is quality! (plus its a northern team!)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 10:21:40 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2012, 09:36:50 pm »
Its official....

Jus at work in Manchester. City fans are classless to55ers!

Win 1 thing n automatically theyre the best team that ever existed. Past history means nothin,united are sh*t and arent a force anymore. SAF is past his best. N an individual penis wouldnt be told anythin different. Rather than discuss his stupid out burst hed rather sing munich n SAF dying songs.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2012, 09:50:40 pm »
Calm down dear, I'm sure Man U fans would have been just as bad had they won. It's called rivalry.

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2012, 10:15:17 pm »
Not at all. A gentlemanly hand shake and pat on the back for being good sports would have been sufficient.