Make a donation

Author Topic: *****FOOTBALL THREAD*****  (Read 41635 times)

R32UK

Re: *****FOOTBALL THREAD*****
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2012, 10:52:43 am »
It was over the line

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=q57rmk2a6tt2gobtporrt2d02v&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2012, 10:54:48 am »
It was over the line

Do you support liverpool?

You do know your wrong dont you?  :signLOL:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2012, 11:27:51 am »
It was over the line

No it wasn't  :signLOL:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2012, 11:38:56 am »
^^^^
Oh yes it was!
Oh no it wasn't!

^ The Reds vs The Blues

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2012, 11:39:25 am »
^^^^
Oh yes it was!
Oh no it wasn't!

^ The Reds vs The Blues

:signLOL:

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2012, 01:11:53 pm »
Decisive day in the premiership today. If city win its all over, they WILL beat QPR at home.

However, if city draw or lose then it's in united's hands......

May the best team win  :happy2:

R32UK

« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2012, 05:30:22 pm »
looks like its all over for utd  :grin: :grin:

I just hope we beat chavski on tuesday, then they lose the champs leauge final... so no CL for them next season. man u to end the season with nothing. No all bad  :signLOL:

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
Spurs fans, please read
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2012, 11:18:05 pm »
Just in case any of you hadnt heard

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?52197-Steve-Perryman

get well soon Steve
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2012, 04:00:09 pm »
Nice to see Liverpool losing, makes finishing 2nd bearable, thats assuming City do beat QPR managed by a man they sacked who is hell bent on revenge  :signLOL:

I am a QPR fan now  :happy2:

Oh and it was not over the line and Liverpoor were not good enough (AGAIN).  The scallies won't beat the cocker-neys on Tuesday, they just are'nt good enough I'm afraid :signLOL: :signLOL:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline bowie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Spurs fans, please read
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2012, 08:14:27 pm »
 :happy2:
Top man Steve Perryman. Get well soon mate.

Chris.
2010 Golf R DSG. Reflex. 3dr.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2012, 08:43:32 pm »
I've got to say, I hope Blackburn go down today. Their fans have been an utter disgrace all season. They're in a desperate predicament tonight, a loss would see them get relegated, and their fans decide the time is right for another protest. Why do they think that is appropriate? Wouldn't getting behind your team, being the 12th man not be more useful. It's as if they want to go down.

And although you have to applaud the clubs owners for sticking being Kean, they aren't actually at the game this evening. Do they care?

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2012, 10:42:57 pm »
I've got to say, I hope Blackburn go down today. Their fans have been an utter disgrace all season. They're in a desperate predicament tonight, a loss would see them get relegated, and their fans decide the time is right for another protest. Why do they think that is appropriate? Wouldn't getting behind your team, being the 12th man not be more useful. It's as if they want to go down.

And although you have to applaud the clubs owners for sticking being Kean, they aren't actually at the game this evening. Do they care?

Spot on mate!!!  :congrats:
Am a Spurs fan, couldn't give a rats arse about Blackburn, only problem is that neither can their own supporters, shameful
IMO. Have been to games where I truly believe that the crowd as been the difference between a team winning or losing.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2012, 02:45:07 pm »
As a Liverpool fan have no complaints as I dont think you could expect the ref or linesman to say that had gone is as camera's were inconclusive.

You cant give Chelsea a 2 goal start and then start to play and hope to win - even though we could quite easily have won it in that last 30 minutes as apart from the 2 goals Chelsea created no other shots on target.

I would have dropped Henderson and played Kuyt on the right with Bellamy up front with Suarez, and let Gerrard sit deeper with Spearing trying to contain Mata , Lampard and Mikel.

Our game plan failed in first half because Spearing and Henderson do not possess the quality/experience to cope with the quality of Chelsea's midfield, which meant Gerrard had to drop so deep that he was miles away from Suarez.  

No disrespect to Norwich, but just because this plan worked to great effect against them does not mean it would work against a team as solid and experienced as Chelsea!

If we had Alonso and Mascherano instead of Spearing and Hendeson we would have won, but that sums up our team at present - Rafa gets criticised but some of the players we had in a few years ago are far better than what FSG have brought in - Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, Crouch, even Arbeloa
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:12:21 pm by berg »
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2012, 06:54:13 pm »
As a Liverpool fan have no complaints as I dont think you could expect the ref or linesman to say that had gone is as camera's were inconclusive.

You can give Chelsea a 2 goal start and then start to play and hope to win - even though we could quite easily have won it in that last 30 minutes as apart from the 2 goals Chelsea created noother shots on target.

I would have dropped Henderson and played Kuyt on the right with Bellamy up front with Suarez, and let Gerrard sit deeper with Spearing trying to contain Mata , Lampard and Mikel.

Our game plan faile din first half because Spearing and Henderson do not possess the quality/experience to cope with the quality of Chelseas midfield, which meant Gerrard had to drop so deep that he was miles away from Suarez. 

No disrespect to Norwich, but just because this plan worked to great effect against them does not mean it would work agisnt a team as solid and experienced as Chelsea!

If we had Alonso and Mascherano instead of Spearing and Hendeson we would have won, but that sums up our team at present - Rafa gets criticised but some of the players we had in a few years ago are far better than waht FSG have brought in - Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, Crouch, even Arbeloa

Berg, I agree with u fully. 
After that first 60 minutes display we didn't deserve anything.  Drogba's goal was quality, but their 1st goal had 3 catastrophic errors from Spearing, Enrique and Reina - a Sunday league pub side would have prevented that goal!!
You mention our old midfield, Alonso and Mascherano - with Gerrard one of the best in the world at the time!!
I'd take Benitez back in a heartbeat, he never had any backing whatsoever from Hicks and Gillett and in the last few years had to sell to buy.  The Robbie Keane and well as a few other deals had nothing to do with him.  Dalglish was a great manager in the past, but I think his style of play is behind the times.   :sad1:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2012, 09:15:55 pm »
Jussa - yeah would rather be forward thinking and not go back to Rafa but I do think he is a more tactically astute manager than Kenny and would attract better players and get us competitive agin for trying to get in the top 4.

We have to be realistic - we should either give Kenny one more season, bring Rafa back now or bring in someone else who is better than both of them but who would that be who would actually want the job bearing in mind no CL? I really am torn in one way I think Kenny should be allowed one more season see how he gets on on the other hand I think go now - you have steadied the ship and won the league cup.
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1