Make a donation

Author Topic: *****FOOTBALL THREAD*****  (Read 41552 times)

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
Re: *****FOOTBALL THREAD*****
« Reply #180 on: May 16, 2012, 06:11:12 pm »
Disgusted that Kenny has been fired.

The players need to take a long hard look in the mirror. A lot of their individual performances across the whole season have been woeful. It's not the Liverpool way to sack someone so soon, and to do it to a man who forms Liver Bird scabs when he gets a cut is shameful. I'm so angry that he hasn't been given a proper length of time to get it right. They won't spend big this summer, so we won't attract a top-line manager to replace Kenny.

And to top it all off, John Terry is going to the Euro's, and the family member victim of his disgusting racial abuse has been dropped. Form and Injury reasons, my a*se. And Crouch has been far too good to get in the squad. I'm not watching any England games, they'll be knocked out in the group stages.  :fighting: :fighting:

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #181 on: May 16, 2012, 06:13:07 pm »
I actually can't believe Downing has been chosen. On what evidence?

R32UK

« Reply #182 on: May 16, 2012, 06:44:09 pm »
I actually can't believe Downing has been chosen. On what evidence?

This is woy we are talking about.. he is the king of playing down a teams chances. Put Downing in your team and you may as well get donald duck to manage your team, it makes no difference  :stupid:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: May 16, 2012, 06:48:54 pm »
I'm not watching any England games, they'll be knocked out in the group stages.  :fighting: :fighting: 

I figured the same last week so I put £50 (from my winnings  :happy2:) for them to get knocked out in the group stage

MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

R32UK

« Reply #184 on: May 16, 2012, 07:16:07 pm »

Tis the football thread after all  :signLOL:

Offline beetie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #185 on: May 16, 2012, 07:27:32 pm »
Downing in the squad. He's been sh1t all season. :surprised:

Carroll I can understand because he is something different upfront and has just started to find a bit of form.
Defoe can always get a goal.

The biggest joke is that henderson is a reserve and not Carrick.

And I'm with you on the whole terry thing, he doesn't deserve to go 'cause of what he's done and he's nowhere near as good as he once was.

Be good to see oxlade-chamberlain given a go  :happy2:

Hope it's a case of picking the right players for the best team rather than just picking the 'best'players and fitting them in.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2012, 05:16:07 am »

Predictions for Euro's

France 2 England 1 (John Terry sent off for head-butt)
Ukraine 1 England 1 (John Terry sent home for sh*gging someone's wife)
Sweden 0 England 0 (John Terry arrested for racial abuse and homophobic comments towards airline steward)

Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2012, 07:18:50 am »

Predictions for Euro's

France 2 England 1 (John Terry sent off for head-butt)
Ukraine 1 England 1 (John Terry sent home for sh*gging someone's wife)
Sweden 0 England 0 (John Terry arrested for racial abuse and homophobic comments towards airline steward)

:signLOL: sounds about right!

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2012, 10:41:00 am »
Interesting to see the people Liverpool are being linked with for the Manager position. I think Martinez would be a massive mistake. I really don't understand why people rate him. Seems Brendan Rogers has ruled himself out, a massive signal of loyalty to Swansea (or does he think the Liverpool job is a poisoned chalice?).

Also bizarre that after rumours they may be interested in Pardew a lot of Liverpool fans are still claiming Newcastles position was due to a mixture of luck and skewed results making them look better than they really are, citing that we didn't win important games. We beat Man United 3-0 at home, we beat Liverpool at home, and we beat Chelsea away from home immediately after taking a hiding from a resurgent Wigan.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: May 18, 2012, 09:55:34 pm »

Why not do one with a trophy count for the last 20 years, might look a lot different  :happy2:

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #190 on: May 18, 2012, 10:12:44 pm »
Interesting to see the people Liverpool are being linked with for the Manager position. I think Martinez would be a massive mistake. I really don't understand why people rate him. Seems Brendan Rogers has ruled himself out, a massive signal of loyalty to Swansea (or does he think the Liverpool job is a poisoned chalice?).

Also bizarre that after rumours they may be interested in Pardew a lot of Liverpool fans are still claiming Newcastles position was due to a mixture of luck and skewed results making them look better than they really are, citing that we didn't win important games. We beat Man United 3-0 at home, we beat Liverpool at home, and we beat Chelsea away from home immediately after taking a hiding from a resurgent Wigan.
You won't hear any of that bitter jealousy from me Andrew, I think Newcastle have been superb. Pardew has created a great team unity, and his work in the transfer market has been inspired. Ba and Cisse are two of the best signings of the last few seasons. I'd love to see either of those at Anfield.
I'd still love to see Martin O'Neill as manager.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2012, 10:32:39 pm »
Seems like their is a lot of momentum building for the return of Rafa! Now that would be interesting!

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #192 on: May 18, 2012, 11:47:26 pm »

Why not do one with a trophy count for the last 20 years, might look a lot different  :happy2:

I suppose it would as Liverpool have won every trophy in the last 15 years accept the league. In the oo's we have 1 CL win, 2 FA Cups, 1 Europa League and now the League Cup in 2012.
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2012, 12:15:41 am »
5 Cups in 20 years, pah  :grin:, try 33  :happy2:

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2012, 05:50:38 am »
Seems like their is a lot of momentum building for the return of Rafa! Now that would be interesting!

No. Please, no. He was dire at Inter, and his best days as a manager are behind him. Martin O'Neil, Johan Cruyff or Jurgen Klinsmann are realistic targets that would bring a great style of football with the ability to attract top players. Pep Gaurdiola is totally unrealistic, but fair play to Liverpool for sounding him out!