Make a donation

Author Topic: *****FOOTBALL THREAD*****  (Read 41541 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: *****FOOTBALL THREAD*****
« Reply #240 on: May 29, 2012, 08:48:35 pm »
Did anyone watch BBC's Panorama last night about the regular Polish and Ukranian football match violence? Virtually Nazi.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #241 on: May 29, 2012, 09:05:50 pm »
Did anyone watch BBC's Panorama last night about the regular Polish and Ukranian football match violence? Virtually Nazi.

I caught the last 15 minutes of it, where they were teaching knife fighting and where the indian students got a shoeing at the footie game.
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #242 on: May 29, 2012, 09:07:54 pm »
Jemba Jemba (Spelling)?
Alan Smith
Jordi Cryuff
Anderson
Forlan
Bellion
Berbatov???

Fergie isnt as great in the transfer market as you may think, but agree most clubs have just as long of list of players that have failed or flopped

Disagree with Alan Smith, he did well for 2 seasons, Anderson has good and bad days, Forlan was a great striker but could not adapt to english game, Bellion I dont remember and Berbatov does not suit United's game, no doubting he is a quality player tho.

R32UK

« Reply #243 on: May 30, 2012, 11:53:06 am »
Veron ?  :grin:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2012, 01:06:35 pm »

He was crap for United but Chelski still paid us £17.8m for him  :happy2:, that makes them worse than us!.

Looks Like Shinji is on his way (The Japanese Paul Scholes) hopefully completed by friday!.

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #245 on: May 30, 2012, 01:13:11 pm »

He was crap for United but Chelski still paid us £17.8m for him  :happy2:, that makes them worse than us!.

Looks Like Shinji is on his way (The Japanese Paul Scholes) hopefully completed by friday!.

Seen quite a lot of this kid, looks the real deal. Won't stop people saying they've bought him to sell shirts in jaPan!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #246 on: May 30, 2012, 01:58:16 pm »

Seen quite a lot of this kid, looks the real deal. Won't stop people saying they've bought him to sell shirts in jaPan!
#
Yeah, seen a few clips of him here and there, looks decent to me  :happy2:, if it means he is a decent player and we sell shed loads of shirts to Japan well that's a bonus  :wink:, more revenue means debts paid off quicker and more players can be bought  :laugh:, I don't give a hoot what the Haters will say  :booty:

R32UK

« Reply #247 on: May 30, 2012, 02:04:35 pm »
Looks like its Brendan Rogers to liverpool by the sounds of it  :smiley:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #248 on: May 30, 2012, 02:11:30 pm »
So it's looking like Brendan Rodgers will go to Liverpool and Martinez to Villa. I can see the latter, but Rodgers at Liverpool is daft IMO.

:wink:

You happy with that? To be honest I'd have thought Liverpool would go with someone with a proven track record. Swansea played some great football last season but they failed in their inability to boss games and change their game when it wasn't working for them.

R32UK

« Reply #249 on: May 30, 2012, 03:08:45 pm »
Im not really happy with that... would have prefered Van haal. But there you go  :sad1:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #250 on: May 30, 2012, 04:01:46 pm »
So it's looking like Brendan Rodgers will go to Liverpool and Martinez to Villa. I can see the latter, but Rodgers at Liverpool is daft IMO.

:wink:

You happy with that? To be honest I'd have thought Liverpool would go with someone with a proven track record. Swansea played some great football last season but they failed in their inability to boss games and change their game when it wasn't working for them.

He has the makings of a good manager, their inability to "Boss" games was probably due to them lacking 2 or 3 key players, at Liverpool with the style of play he uses it should go down well at Liverpool.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #251 on: May 30, 2012, 04:23:55 pm »
Deal done.

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #252 on: May 30, 2012, 05:09:05 pm »
I think, as a Liverpool fan, we have to be realistic.

If you appoint Martinez, Rodgers or Lambert all are an equal risk. Rodgers less so because he coached under Mourinho and to be fair they plated good football all season whereas Wigan were sh*te for 3/4 of it.

If you look at wanting a young manager the only other candidate who might come was AVB. Is he more or less of a risk than Rodgers? That is debatable as Chelsea players thought he was awful yet he had a european pedigree.

I am ok with the appointment because people who thought Pep might come are deluded - he might fancy a challenge, but not that much of a challenge  :chicken:
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2012, 07:46:03 pm »
If it is to work Rodgers has to be given time and the support of the board and the fans, the liverpool team at the moment is average at best and it wont be turned around in a summer of transfers. Hes gonna need at least two seasons, remember the competition for the top four in the prem is at its highest ever, i just hope the liverpool board realise this.

I think hes a quality manager and likes his team to play attractive football unlike the chavs who are anti football in every way :fighting: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent:

I also hope guardiola stays well clear of the them and there dirty oil money :sick:

Also Spain or Holland to win the euros. England are so poor its embarrasing to even wear and England shirt at the moment, they have so little idea of what to actually do with the football its like there completely brain dead <----- this has absolutely nothing to do with the manager, its the players and it always has been.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #254 on: May 30, 2012, 08:44:40 pm »
they have so little idea of what to actually do with the football its like there completely brain dead

Aren't ALL footballers brain dead??  :grin: :grin: