Make a donation

Author Topic: I HATE auto wipers. Can they be switched back to intermittent with VAGCOM?  (Read 12910 times)

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78

....Ouch!!!! Glad you didn't get hurt, that could have been very nasty on a M-way if other vehicles got involved.

I've no idea how we weren't hit by another vehicle. It was just after a Manchester United game and the motorway was pretty busy. The actual crash was pretty serene, but the realisation that we ended up sat in the middle lane of the motorway facing oncoming traffic was pretty terrifying, and that we had to get out and on to the hard shoulder. Bad times, but the BMW was a great car to have a crash in.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower

Bad times, but the BMW was a great car to have a crash in.

....I had a tyre blow out at ~100 on the M1 in a Beemer once - Great cars and it wasn't a problem. I had my daughter as a baby in the front seat - No wonder she's always a cool passenger. And before anyone waves a finger: I drive the same whoever is passenger - I drive to protect myself as much as any passenger.

Better get back on topic...............

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Hmm, had a play with VAGCOM tonight and unfortunately it seems the answer to this is NO. I tried setting the rain sensor to inactive, tried turning off the rain/light sensor... couldnt get anything to work...

Found something on a google search saying to sway a fuse / relay for one with the intermittent function?
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline laserblue999

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
D'oh! I was hoping for a VAGCOM solution! I so know what you mean. I get the point of auto wipers but the sensitivity button on the stalk seems to have little effect and I end up manually simulating 'intermittant' by pushing the stalk down. Wish I had 'just' intermittant as an option even if auto remained as another option.

Auto lights are better however - except when in the daytime you go under trees or something and they come on and off when back in the sunlight. Other drivers must think I'm an idiot, or going for the boy racer "look at me I've got xenons" look!!!  :pomppomp::ashamed:
'05 GTI - laser blue, 5dr, DSG, blue glass, heated leather, highline, cruise, sat nav, 10 speaker stereo,MFSW, xenons, 18" Monza, puddle lights, Ipod, retractable mirrors, factory tints, winter/summer mats, bootmat, luggage net, mudflaps, tailored blinds, x-tec plate leds - always looking for more OEM options.......pretending the pikey paddles are OEM+!!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower

Auto lights are better however - except when in the daytime you go under trees or something and they come on and off when back in the sunlight. Other drivers must think I'm an idiot, or going for the boy racer "look at me I've got xenons" look!!!  :pomppomp::ashamed:

....I hate auto lights but love auto wipers  :grin: - At least auto lights can be simply switched off with a manual switch. But I love my Hella DRL's more as they are automatically switched on with the ignition and I never have to think about them. It's safer to be seen.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!