Make a donation

Author Topic: Outside my gym - belong to anyone here??  (Read 5622 times)

Offline Jussa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
Outside my gym - belong to anyone here??
« on: May 05, 2012, 09:51:06 pm »

:driver:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 09:52:24 am by Jussa »
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline ILoveTuna

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Outside my gym - belong to anyone here??
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 06:53:27 am »
Dont know, but they might not be too happy about the reg number being on display!!  :surprised:

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 09:53:08 am »
Dont know, but they might not be too happy about the reg number being on display!!  :surprised:

My mistake  :ashamed:

Pic updated
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Moz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 11:31:15 am »
I don't get this hiding number plates stuff.

It's publicly available every time you drive, OK so for certain cars people may be able to clone reg's request new v5s and find the address to come and nick the car or something but, on the whole it's a bit OTT IMO.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 12:46:30 pm »
I must say I agree, I wouldn't give a munkys if my plate was shown, I don't understand it either  :confused:

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 10:18:22 am »
It is always good to have other stickers etc in your screens (Front and rear) to identify your car from another with the same registration number. If the car was snapped in a hit and run accident or used in an armed robbery you would want to show it wasn't you............yes ?
Cars run cloned numbers for many reasons nowadays and not paying for fuel and congestion charge are two regular ones aswell as the older more serious reasons.
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline ILoveTuna

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 10:26:17 am »
I must say I agree, I wouldn't give a munkys if my plate was shown, I don't understand it either  :confused:

To be fair i wouldnt be that fussed either, but i know some people are and if its not your car better to hide it IMO..

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 11:03:24 am »
What gym do you go to? is that palace or beckenham?

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 11:05:12 am »
Its not Palace  :happy2:
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 11:15:20 am »
Thought they had a new car park :s havnt been to palace since they were renovating.the gym section and put the changing rooms in the old apartment like buildings

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 11:56:21 am »
I must say I agree, I wouldn't give a munkys if my plate was shown, I don't understand it either  :confused:

To be fair i wouldnt be that fussed either, but i know some people are and if its not your car better to hide it IMO..

Wait till your arrested as a getaway driver for an armed robbery and try to prove where you were then at the time. Not much chance of it happening i agree but as most armed robbers don't kiss and tell they might not believe your " it wasn't me " answer  :innocent:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:53:30 pm by garrardrj »

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 12:14:52 pm »
I must say I agree, I wouldn't give a munkys if my plate was shown, I don't understand it either  :confused:

Wait till your arrested as a getaway driver for an armed robbery and try to prove where you were then at the time. Not much chance of it happening i agree but as most armed robbers not kiss and tell they might not believe your " it wasn't me " answer  :innocent:

The gym is at Fitness First in Beckenham on Copers Cope road.
Why would somebody trawl a website to look for a number plate to clone when they could just drive around and find one??  It makes no sense to me???   :confused:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 12:22:08 pm by Jussa »

Ifti

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 12:16:12 pm »

Wait till your arrested as a getaway driver for an armed robbery and try to prove where you were then at the time. Not much chance of it happening i agree but as most armed robbers not kiss and tell they might not believe your " it wasn't me " answer  :innocent:

But then the above pic will come to his rescue as evidence he was at the gym.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 12:22:33 pm »

Wait till your arrested as a getaway driver for an armed robbery and try to prove where you were then at the time. Not much chance of it happening i agree but as most armed robbers not kiss and tell they might not believe your " it wasn't me " answer  :innocent:

:signLOL:

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 12:33:20 pm »

Lets hope the other car has stickers in the back then ,