Make a donation

Author Topic: GTI front end  (Read 918 times)

Offline Ben Smith

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
GTI front end
« on: May 06, 2012, 12:21:51 pm »
So I have just bought a 5 door 05 gttdi off my sister. Haven't picked it up yet but the car has been regularly serviced but cosmetically needs a good tidy up. So 1st plan is a good clean followed by a face lift.

I really like the gti honeycomb front with the red stripe but what is the easiest way to achieve this? Is it complete bumper and grills or is there a conversion kit at all? Also which makes are good quality?

Many thanks and if you have any other idea on how to freshen the old diesel up, please let me know, complete newbie!

Ben.

Offline gazon69

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
Re: GTI front end
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 12:54:48 pm »
Welcome to the forum,Personally i would only buy oem parts. There are plenty on ebay. You would need bumper, grille and front panel . Good luck with the search.

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 01:05:51 pm »
Ive posted up a how to fit the GTI front end, involes cuting a little bit of the bumper (you dont see it once its all fitted) very easy to do should take about 2 hours to fit the whole lot :happy2:

as above buy OEM
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline Aweful_Truth

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 02:25:18 pm »
i have the front grill with red stripe and black VW badge coming up for sale soon....  :evilgrin:
To Bad, So Sad, Bye Bye!