Make a donation

Author Topic: Arthur's Red GTi  (Read 3898 times)

Offline arthur

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
Arthur's Red GTi
« on: May 07, 2012, 08:26:23 pm »
Hello All

I've been loitering around for a while whilst not posting but I've just had my wheels refurbed so I thought my car became interesting enough to make a thread!!

I've had it from new and covered about 53k miles and it has been a great car.  I love everything about it except the stupid auto wipers which have a mind of their own!! 

I got the wheels refurbed at Lepsons in Kent, they describe the colour as New Anthracite.  I fancied a change and didn't want to risk the white worm coming back again!! I'm really happy with them.  It was only a quick clean as the weather has been so crap recently but I really wish that I'd polished the exhaust!!

I can't take any plaudits for the photo's, my mate took them!!

My only plans at the moment are to get some lowering springs but there is a possibility that I might get a Caddy Van through work so if that happens I might have a bit more spare money for a couple of extra bits!!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: Arthur's Red GTi
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 08:29:46 pm »
welcome to the forum :happy2:--looks well with the wheels

Saintsteve

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 08:34:13 pm »
welcome :happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 09:16:37 pm »
Welcome to the forum Arthur. liking the refurb colour.  :notworthy: it has much more depth and detail than say a matt black monza.  :happy2:

Offline dannymk5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 07:42:55 am »
WOH WOH WOH best looking red gti ive seen yet, the wheels just make it mean, r32 rear headlights?
 :congrats:

Offline arthur

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 01:20:31 pm »
Welcome to the forum Arthur. liking the refurb colour.  :notworthy: it has much more depth and detail than say a matt black monza.  :happy2:

Thanks!  Yes I agree, as the standard diamond cut wheels refract the light so well I thought it was important to avoid matt paint as the spokes are quite large and flat.  The "New Antracite" paint is metallic which helps with this.

WOH WOH WOH best looking red gti ive seen yet, the wheels just make it mean, r32 rear headlights?
 :congrats:

Yes R32 lights went on shortly after I got the car, I think they improve the look of any colour GTI but especially tornado red!