Make a donation

Author Topic: Moped,polished,waxed.... whats nano coating?  (Read 947 times)

Offline Digger3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 5
Moped,polished,waxed.... whats nano coating?
« on: May 09, 2012, 08:46:02 pm »
OK, being a bit of a perfectionist and having made the mistake of buying a black GTI, when I really wanted grey, lol... well I've got a grey A4 S-line aswell and love-it...

Anywaz having bought the golf which I'm really pleased with the paint-work was showing it's 7yr age abit ,swirls etc,,, so far I've ,clayed, moped it with G3,,, being carefull not

to break through the laqure followed by a moped liguid-shine anti-swirl polish followed by AG Resin, then poor-boys black-hole and finally netty's boys wax and it looks mint.........

but if there are any pro detailers around-and-about ;-),,, what is nano-coating ??? and also the best detailing polish for glass and exterior plastics..........
3DR GTI, Black Magic, Factory Fitted Winter-Pack, Lux-Pack, Colour-Coded Rear Valance, Otherwise Totally Standard, For Now.....  

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Moped,polished,waxed.... whats nano coating?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 09:13:03 pm »
nano-coats are basically durable sealants. Most sealants last 4-6 months. These nano-coatings claim to last 1-2 years. Some of them can be polished in a similar way to clearcoat.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.