Make a donation

Author Topic: ARB question (I know, I know)  (Read 4531 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=0uk5eq9crsr64rqldnkhfjo2ds&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: ARB question (I know, I know)
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 12:09:27 am »
Same as mine then.  :happy2:

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 12:18:07 am »
Same as mine then.  :happy2:

Yeah remember asking what setting yours was on before i got mine done  :happy2:

Offline Sammy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 02:18:30 am »
Seems like i will be getting the autotech ones then, How do ou adjust these ARBs?
GTI MK5 with all the gooodies

K04 power going on soon!

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 02:43:08 am »
Seems like i will be getting the autotech ones then, How do ou adjust these ARBs?

There are 3 holes to mount the bar with on each side, soft medium and hard settings putting progressively more tension and stiffness into the bar as the car is driven  :happy2:

Dave

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 09:10:49 am »
Lots of talk about the autotech bar but has anyone got or tried the H&R 24mm bar?
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 09:14:24 pm »
Any more recommendations from people who have had a rear ABR fitted on its own and then gone for a front one as well?

Thanks in advance
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 09:22:08 pm »
if you go for the front one then maybe no need for the WALK kit, but i think it would be better to go for the WALK considering i have not seen a bad word for it as yet.

VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2012, 09:37:29 pm »
if you go for the front one then maybe no need for the WALK kit, but i think it would be better to go for the WALK considering i have not seen a bad word for it as yet.

apart from ive seen a few people split the bushes.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2012, 09:43:08 pm »

I think any issues with worn bushes is down to not lubricating when fitting  :happy2:

Offline jimk04

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2012, 10:46:19 pm »
Any feedback on the passat r36 rear arb?.85gbp from dealers and a little stiffer than std.

Milltek tbe, Forge intercooler, AMD map, Eibach Sportlines, Porsche 996 over AMG 330mm homegrown BBK

Offline stubert

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2012, 04:48:06 am »
Autotech ARB is hallow iirc?  Weight saving here.

Most FWD cars benefit from a rear ARB, it helps understeer a lot.

If you are fitting coilovers at some point with relatively hard springs i would discount putting in a front arb unless you are wanting to get rid of most body roll and are using lots of camber as well.  I personally like a little movement in body roll, weight transformation plays a huge factor in a cars handling. 

The WALK kit is completely different to fitting a front ARB and should be looked at for different reasons.  The most appealing aspect for me is the added static castor.  You can never have too much castor!

Offline Jimbo_h

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2012, 05:41:46 pm »
I've got the whiteline 24mm 3 way adjustable rear ARB on at the moment and so far it has created the biggest noticeable improvement in handling. Currently its on the medium setting. I do have coilovers however they are road use coilies so are quite softly sprung. This set up is very good for spirited road driving however not the best for the track (front tyre rub while on track) hence I now have the front WL ARB sitting in the living room awaiting fitting (next couple of wks). I'm gonna get the rear set to the stiffest setting and the front to medium. This setup will hopefully retain the nice sharp turn in I get now and get rid on the roll at the front. WALK hmmm not sure just yet, I haven't read enough "OMG" reviews on it, think I'd rather spend my cash on some super sticky track rubber.

I'll report back once the front ARB is fitted

CW MkV GTI | DSG | Driver Motorsport tune | HPFP | SPM downpipe | Sach performance coilovers | Volant CAI | 18" Oz Ultraleggeras | SPM ARBs

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2012, 06:21:08 pm »
I've got the whiteline 24mm 3 way adjustable rear ARB on at the moment and so far it has created the biggest noticeable improvement in handling. Currently its on the medium setting. I do have coilovers however they are road use coilies so are quite softly sprung. This set up is very good for spirited road driving however not the best for the track (front tyre rub while on track) hence I now have the front WL ARB sitting in the living room awaiting fitting (next couple of wks). I'm gonna get the rear set to the stiffest setting and the front to medium. This setup will hopefully retain the nice sharp turn in I get now and get rid on the roll at the front. WALK hmmm not sure just yet, I haven't read enough "OMG" reviews on it, think I'd rather spend my cash on some super sticky track rubber.

I'll report back once the front ARB is fitted

Thanks

So H&R springs and rear H&R ARB would be ideal for road use

Offline Jimbo_h

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2012, 08:34:38 pm »
For £££ per  :smiley: yes

CW MkV GTI | DSG | Driver Motorsport tune | HPFP | SPM downpipe | Sach performance coilovers | Volant CAI | 18" Oz Ultraleggeras | SPM ARBs

Offline Jimbo_h

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2012, 12:16:55 pm »
ok well I've had the front ARB on for about 5 days now and its a big thumbs up from me :happy2: its a 2 way adjustable one and its set on medium (stiff created too much understaeer). The car feels so much more planted around the bends, so much in fact that I'm having to learn a slightly different driving style.

I know that people are a little wary about FARBs as they induce understeer but I've not experianced any so far, fair enough the pointy turn in that was there beforehand (with just a RARB) has gone a little bit but the flat/balanced cornering far outweighs the old intial turn in bight.

The only down side is that I can carry so much more speed into and through corners that in some circumstances you find yourself backing off a bit as it could be a bit unsafe. I'm at Bedford autodrome in 2 wks so fingers crossed this will transfer into more fun on the track :wink: