Make a donation

Author Topic: Caring for Alcantara - advice please!  (Read 1316 times)

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Caring for Alcantara - advice please!
« on: May 22, 2012, 10:17:59 am »
Hi guys,

I've got a half leather S-Line interior and I was wanting to get the centre sections retrimmed in Alcantara. but i'm a messy so-and-so and when i'm off season my car has McDonald's and all sorts eaten in it lol. i'm just wondering how stain-proof Alcantara is, or how stain-proof you can make it with protection agents and what you can do should the worst happen.

The alternative is to get the centres in coloured leather, but I'd rather have black alcantara as the only colour I think would suit my car is red, but that might look a bit garish. I can't get all black leather without getting the seat totally retrimmed, and then i lose my "S-Line" embossed logo.

So advice and guidance on Alcantara care would be appreciated!

TIA,

S.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: Caring for Alcantara - advice please!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 11:16:33 am »
Well, firstly probably try not making a mess in the first place. Alcantara is a man made fabric, and its not as delicate as people make out. Yes care needs to be taken with it, but like anything, look after it and it will be fine. Neglect it, and it will be a mess.

Raceglaze Alcantara cleaner is a good one. And you can get fabric protectors, but with someones ass on it all day, they wear off fast!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 11:46:54 am »
As Jay has said, just keep on top of it.

I've just done the Alcantara in my Pirelli for the first time since I've had it and I used Valet Pro and a soft brush to agitate. Looks like new again now as it was a little flat before!  :happy2:

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 11:19:54 pm »

I've just done the Alcantara in my Pirelli for the first time since I've had it and I used Valet Pro and a soft brush to agitate. Looks like new again now as it was a little flat before!  :happy2:

I bet that looks smart, any pics?  :drinking:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 08:53:27 pm »

I bet that looks smart, any pics?  :drinking:

No sorry bud for some reason I haven't. I'll take some in a day or two and post it up!  :happy2: