Make a donation

Author Topic: Wing Rust Solution  (Read 8640 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Wing Rust Solution
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 12:57:54 am »
^^^^
Do a Search on here re Rust Warranty and look for a post with an official VW PDF about front wings rust and the reasons for it. Use it to persuade your VW dealer and if that doesn't work, complain politely but firmly to VW UK and quote the PDF reference. Don't take no for an answer.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline N!CK R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 01:42:12 pm »
I had a moan to VW revently about my front arches as they have started to rust and they told me it was due to the car being lowered.
Having battle with them at the moment...

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 02:24:42 pm »

I had a moan to VW recently about my front arches as they have started to rust and they told me it was due to the car being lowered.

....What a load of bollox!!

I had mine done FOC a few weeks ago and how lowered is mine!:

Go to another VW dealer if they continue being awkward. Just how does a car's ride height induce rust? Have you modified your wings or wheel arches?

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline N!CK R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 07:10:08 pm »
Thats exactly the argument I put across. The fact that the car is lowered is completely irrelevent to the wheel arches. It has been lowered not spaced out! Grrrr.
I shall continue to pursue them until I get the outcome I am after.

Wings or arches have not been modified in any way at all.

Car looks so good in that pic, cleeaaannn!

MPS

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 12:10:58 am »
I have a 55 plate with rust on the front wings - it's been approved as a goodwill repair and I'm waiting on dates to book it in to the bodyshop.

If it makes you feel any better then my car has sparse VW history, but the inspector was spot on with me.

May I ask which dealership you took it to?

Offline skard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 05:48:51 pm »
Benfield Newcastle.
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

MPS

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 06:30:25 pm »
Cheers

Offline vwrascal

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2012, 07:38:01 pm »
i was flat out refused a warranty claim by cambridge VW. they wouldnt even submit it for consideration.

When was this? I took mine to milton road VW cambridge (they have bodyshop in cottenham). chris from warranty there was very helpful, took photos and paint readings from both wings, sent them off to VW UK, 3 days later I got a phone call to book car in  :happy2:  another call a couple days after that from bodyshop to confirm 2 new wings instead of repairing them - they weren't even that rusty  :party:  all covered by warranty 100%, car is 2006 '56' tornado red with 43,000 miles, full VW service history! I also got there only mk6 golf courtesy car '61' plate DSG, MFSW, Highline, bluetooth, cruise control, Parking sensors, RNS310, ipod mdi..... Missus loves it  :signLOL:
I did have this ready just incase but didn't even need to mention it! Result  :laugh:

http://www.vwgroup-paintandbody.co.uk/downloads/technical/2009Nov9CorrosionToGolkMk5FrontWing.pdf

:wink:

Offline vwrascal

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 07:43:53 pm »
I had a moan to VW revently about my front arches as they have started to rust and they told me it was due to the car being lowered.

My car is also lowered slammed on kw v1's, he did ask if it is lowered and I said yes  :signLOL: that was it  :chicken:
Suppose its down to the stealer on the day   :confused:

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You

Offline N!CK R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 08:12:12 pm »

My car is also lowered slammed on kw v1's, he did ask if it is lowered and I said yes  :signLOL: that was it  :chicken:
Suppose its down to the stealer on the day   :confused:

Well that gives me some re-assurance I guess! I will keep fighting my corner and won't give up with it. I'll update as and when too!

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 10:01:10 pm »
Does anyone have a link to the VW corrosion policy? I need to have a read and try to approach dealer. I just don't know exactly what to say/what back up documents to ue. Have a bit on front wings and lower sill where water collected behind mud guards
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 11:15:06 pm »
^^^^
I don't have a copy of the overall corrosion policy but if you PM me your email address I'll send you a PDF re the wing rust issue.  :happy2: