Make a donation

Author Topic: My Bagged mk 5 Gti build thread  (Read 284128 times)

Offline plush-automotive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: My Bagged mk 5 Gti build thread
« Reply #645 on: August 09, 2010, 06:43:51 pm »
Awesome work as usual luke. Yeah i never got why the decided to put the speakers where the wer in the mk5.

cheers dude, im guessing they did it for mad heads like myself to chop them up and put them back in the right place lol. :laugh: :laugh: :rolleye: :rolleye:

Absolutely epic car mate :drool: :drool:

cheers dude

Love it mate.

Was there anything behind the doorcard to stop the speaker being placed forwards?

I don't think I've ever paid enough attention to the doorcards. Apart from controls, are there any other visible external differences between them or is it all hidden?

no you obvioulsy have to lose the pocket to put the speaker there but the structual work is there and some of the window motor behind the first skin of metal as we could of remove that and ported it direct into the door making life alot easier ha ha. but hey we all like a challange.

external differences are the actaual fabric insert and handles.

Offline illektronik

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #646 on: August 18, 2010, 02:23:19 pm »
 :drool:. Stunning progress mate. It's been a while since I've looked through here. The engine bay looks fantastic. Can't believe how much you've achieved in such a relatively short time (considering all the work on your car, along with general business)

Congrats on the 2nd place. Crazy that it was 2nd though.

We've got to talk soon.  :wink:  You sir have a client if you have the time. :smiley:

Did you figure out a good solution to blending in the BitOne remote into the interior? It stands out like the dogs anywhere you put it in it's current casing.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 04:07:51 pm by illektronik »

Offline plush-automotive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #647 on: August 18, 2010, 06:27:37 pm »
:drool:. Stunning progress mate. It's been a while since I've looked through here. The engine bay looks fantastic. Can't believe how much you've achieved in such a relatively short time (considering all the work on your car, along with general business)

Congrats on the 2nd place. Crazy that it was 2nd though.

We've got to talk soon.  :wink:  You sir have a client if you have the time. :smiley:

Did you figure out a good solution to blending in the BitOne remote into the interior? It stands out like the dogs anywhere you put it in it's current casing.

Being as i am using the bit one as a processor i dont need the drc control but ues i'm sure i could find somewhere suitable for it and blend it in a heater vent would be great but you may lose that vent. The centre ashtray is where we put airrdie controls so that could work or even in the sunglasses holder.

Yes we can squeeze you in lol always room for another mk 5  ha ha although we have 3 here already. :rolleye:

Getting it done has been tough alot of late hours and i have a good team behind me now that will stay late to get the job done. :happy2:

Offline N8KOW

• Detailer - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 7
    • Kowalski Details
    • Email
« Reply #648 on: August 19, 2010, 11:53:11 pm »
Congrats on you know what  :booty::happy2:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 12:02:04 am by N8KOW »
IG: http://instagram.com/kowalskidetails
2014 Mk7 Golf R on Order...

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #649 on: August 21, 2010, 10:52:51 pm »
that looks great, will you retrim anything? and are you happy fitting basic stuff into a car, like a couple of amps/speakers etc nothing fancy.

Offline plush-automotive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #650 on: August 22, 2010, 08:35:17 am »
yes of course we will it doesn't matter how big or small the job is we have just gone this far because we need to show what can be acheived and im  :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: and can't leave things alone.

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #651 on: August 22, 2010, 12:23:05 pm »
sounds good, were looking to get our TT retrimmed in the near future, and then I've got a load of bits to throw in, 2 amps + the fronts and then possibly a fibre glass sub build, then its the same with the Leon, it just depends on if i want the hassel :)

Offline plush-automotive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #652 on: August 22, 2010, 05:38:25 pm »
sounds good, were looking to get our TT retrimmed in the near future, and then I've got a load of bits to throw in, 2 amps + the fronts and then possibly a fibre glass sub build, then its the same with the Leon, it just depends on if i want the hassel :)

my middle name is hassle ha ha i'm sure it'll be fine mate is it mk 2 TT mate?

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #653 on: August 22, 2010, 06:42:55 pm »
nope its a Mk1 TT roadster, its got black leather and we wanted red, it was easier to find a TT than it was a black car with red leather. I'm in the process of collecting some bits so i can remove BOSE, i've got an JL E1200 for the sub which will either be a 6.5 or 8" sub and then a Genesis Profile 2 for the front, its just a case of picking up some cheap 6.5's for the front, but my Leon might be first in que, thats a DLSCA51 i've got the fronts, just need a sub and HU.

Offline plush-automotive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #654 on: August 23, 2010, 08:31:49 am »
nope its a Mk1 TT roadster, its got black leather and we wanted red, it was easier to find a TT than it was a black car with red leather. I'm in the process of collecting some bits so i can remove BOSE, i've got an JL E1200 for the sub which will either be a 6.5 or 8" sub and then a Genesis Profile 2 for the front, its just a case of picking up some cheap 6.5's for the front, but my Leon might be first in que, thats a DLSCA51 i've got the fronts, just need a sub and HU.

if you do need equipment supplying we have alot in stock and can put you a package deal together no worries. Probably best to drop me a pm dude.

Weve done a few mk 1 tt's now the bose system isn't really anything to rave about lol.

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #655 on: August 23, 2010, 06:35:58 pm »
will do, & yes bose is crap :)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #656 on: August 23, 2010, 09:51:37 pm »
hello Luke am thinging of getting this header unit early next year...if i purchase it could you's fit it fot me and also progam it to work wiith a mk6 gti steering wheel to work on high line cheers

Offline cal tdi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
  • dub or die
« Reply #657 on: October 14, 2010, 07:05:47 pm »
looks killa in PVW matey
Candy weiß Mk6 GTI - Stage 2

Offline k6kny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
  • Mk5 Golf GTi
    • Email
« Reply #658 on: October 15, 2010, 10:31:32 pm »
Congrats on the PVW feature Luke  :happy2:, car looks amazing as always and is well worth the front cover :congrats:

Offline P10YRS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #659 on: October 16, 2010, 09:42:26 pm »
Had a look at the feature round chrises the other night Luke and it looks top class geeza!