Make a donation

Author Topic: Out of curiosity.. Top speed gti ko4 turbo?  (Read 17066 times)

Offline bushypad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Out of curiosity.. Top speed gti ko4 turbo?
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2012, 01:31:09 pm »
I thinkna lot of you make a good point regarding acceleration from 30-70 60-100mph as i recall an m3 e46 pulling up alongside me on the autobahn and from 30mph rolling starts i had at least a cars length on him. Only when we reached 120mph his car began to take off and leave me. It was funny though as he kept asking to go again from 30mph i think he was surprised :p

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2012, 02:10:54 pm »
I was thinking of going K04 but am happy and staying K03, as I wouldnt notice that much difference on the road performace wise, a track to an extent but not on the road.
I remember you saying something similar when you were at Stage 1(or 2?) but thinking of stage 2+, I see you made the leap  :wink:
K04 next then........

Not for me mate. I did look into it but I decided against it as all my driving is on the road and my car will never see a track day.  I have between 265 to 275 bhp and that is plenty for overtaking and making good progress on the roads.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2012, 02:11:19 pm »
I had 168mph out of my brothers audi s3 which was amd tuned, so circa 310bhp and was still pulling.
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2012, 02:27:30 pm »

all my driving is on the road and my car will never see a track day. I have between 265 to 275 bhp and that is plenty for overtaking and making good progress on the roads.

....I find the same, especially when coupled with good brakes and handling mods. The trade off of even more mods or compromise in order to get even more power simply isn't worth it, IMO. My car is still totally capable of giving me a very enjoyable trackday too (I never record any lap times).

When my K03 failed a few years ago I had the perfect opportunity to change to a K04 but decided to go for suspension mods instead and I have absolutely no regrets.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2012, 03:50:35 pm »
At least it's great to have the 2.0T FSI performance when a safe opportunity to overtake eventually presents itself.

Or even an 'ickle 1.4TSI  :wink:
Golf R gone.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2012, 04:59:08 pm »

At least it's great to have the 2.0T FSI performance when a safe opportunity to overtake eventually presents itself.

....No so 'ickle when it comes to bhp per ton!  :happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2012, 05:44:44 pm »

....No so 'ickle when it comes to bhp per ton!  :happy2:

I read all about Hurdy's big power cars on the forum  :happy2:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2012, 12:30:14 am »
Had a little play tonight in my car, on a private road of course. My ED30, BCS TBE, ITG and a stage 1 ish map circa 300bhp seen 175mph on the speedo which was 162mph on the GPS, dont know if there was anymore in that but that's all I was prepared to give. Good for a stage 1 car though! Certainly pulled nice all the way, should do a genuine 170+ with 350bhp!

On another note, had my best mates E46 330CD on the GPS, it's on a 3" turbo back, big cooler and custom map, we seen 164mph on the GPS! Mental for a derv, it would of actually went faster we think but it ran out of revs!
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=82cdofpkamffo5k0g4lkcj6at0&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2012, 12:40:53 am »
Had a little play tonight in my car, on a private road of course. My ED30, BCS TBE, ITG and a stage 1 ish map circa 300bhp seen 175mph on the speedo which was 162mph on the GPS, dont know if there was anymore in that but that's all I was prepared to give. Good for a stage 1 car though! Certainly pulled nice all the way, should do a genuine 170+ with 350bhp!

On another note, had my best mates E46 330CD on the GPS, it's on a 3" turbo back, big cooler and custom map, we seen 164mph on the GPS! Mental for a derv, it would of actually went faster we think but it ran out of revs!

Stupid boy.....  :stupid:

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2012, 06:27:59 am »
Oh sorry because i'm sure you have never broken the speed limit, right? C'mon mate we're not all perfect, we all do silly things sometimes.
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2012, 08:34:27 am »

Oh sorry because i'm sure you have never broken the speed limit, right? C'mon mate we're not all perfect, we all do silly things sometimes.

....Of course we all break the 60/70 speed limit sometimes but you (and your best mate) were doing as much as over 160 mph on a "private road" in the UK. Was this "private road" even a dual carriageway, let alone a motorway where traffic is one-way on a stretch without junctions? It wasn't a track or airfield was it, otherwise you would have stated so. Just who do you think you are kidding?

You excuse yourself by saying you're "not perfect" and that "we all do silly things sometimes" - How old are you, Dave Welsh? - 15? You don't sound as if you can even begin to see the error of your ways.

Furthermore, by association you potentially bring this forum into disrepute. I have to say that part of me hopes that someone from the Police is reading your post - You, and your best mate, need stopping because it's far more serious than just acting silly. You're right when you say that none of us are perfect but is that your excuse to do absolutely anything you want regardless of the consequences? I'd love to hear you say that in a court.

Offline donovan2123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2012, 08:49:32 am »
Personally I think that attack is unjustified. If he wants to drive at that speed at risk of killing someone or loosing his license then let him get on with it. No need for an attack. I have done close to 170mph my self on the Germanys autobahn motorways and it was exciting and fun.  :happy2:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=82cdofpkamffo5k0g4lkcj6at0&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2012, 09:08:55 am »
I break the speed limit every time I drive my car, but driving at 100mph over the speed limit on a uk motorway is asking for trouble as far as I'm concerned.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2012, 09:12:30 am »

Personally I think that attack is unjustified. If he wants to drive at that speed at risk of killing someone or loosing his license then let him get on with it. No need for an attack. I have done close to 170mph my self on the Germanys autobahn motorways and it was exciting and fun.  :happy2:

....Firstly, I am entitled to my opinion about anyone's behaviour and attitudes and to express that opinion.

I too have very much enjoyed driving my car at maximum speeds on unrestricted sections of German autobahns but only at times when it is both safe and legal. According to his post, Shorty was driving at over 160 mph on a "private road" probably somewhere in the North West of England where I haven't noticed any autobahns.

It's not just silly, it's totally irresponsible and would deserve a ban.

If no-one points it out to him he is likely to continue until someone does get killed and it might easily be someone totally innocent and other than himself.

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2012, 09:21:34 am »
I actually didn't mean to rattle anyone's cage or offend anyone, if I have, then sorry.

I was simply posting my findings, as people have been asking and being honest, I was curious too! If it came across as me being a chav or bragging then it wasn't meant like that, it would be so easy to get into an argument about it about whats right and wrong, peoples opinions etc but what's the point? Life's too short.

As I said, didn't mean to offend anyone. For the record it was obviously on a private road. :)

Carry on...
| Mk7 R |