Make a donation

Author Topic: Nurburgring?  (Read 861 times)

Offline Tortaruga

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
Nurburgring?
« on: May 13, 2012, 12:01:29 pm »
I've been with my bird for 4 years.
She's from Germany.
It wasn't until yesterday she told me her home town is 20km from the Nurburgring :ashamed:!?

So we'll be going to Germany soon and just wondered if anyone has been to the Ring? Can I just go there and hire a GT3 for a lap?
I don't intend to drive my GTI all the way there, although I'd be interested to hear if any of you have done this?
'07 Red manual

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
Re: Nurburgring?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 12:12:00 pm »
You can but going by everyone elses first time I wouldn't hire anything powerful for the first time but thats just me. I've not been but will hopefully get there at some point this year.

He's a good site with links to places to hire cars from Suzuki Swifts all the way up to Porsche's etc. It also tells you alot of basic info and has a price list for if you crash on track lol.

http://nurburgring.org.uk/

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 12:57:57 pm »
I've been with my bird for 4 years.
She's from Germany.
It wasn't until yesterday she told me her home town is 20km from the Nurburgring :ashamed:!?

So we'll be going to Germany soon and just wondered if anyone has been to the Ring? Can I just go there and hire a GT3 for a lap?
I don't intend to drive my GTI all the way there, although I'd be interested to hear if any of you have done this?

You've been with her 4 years and you've never looked at a map to see where she is from? :stupid:

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 03:14:36 pm »
Sorry but why wouldn't you drive her all the way there?  I thought that would be part of the fun....but hey thats me.
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 10:16:35 pm »
Can I just go there and hire a GT3 for a lap?

Oh, and your dreams of taking a GT3 around on your first ever lap is going to be short lived. Not in a million years would any rental company let you do this.

You will manage a Stage 1 Suzuki Swift at best. Or a Clio.

My advice is that your dreams are slightly clouded about the Nurburgring. Have you done any track days? The Tourisftfahrten is nothing like any track day you have ever done. And the track is like nothing you have ever driven before you in your life. Take your own car, drive slowly. Not even in 200 laps will you begin to learn where all the corners are.