Make a donation

Author Topic: Natwest to the rescue!  (Read 910 times)

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Natwest to the rescue!
« on: May 21, 2012, 03:39:59 pm »
I've always thought Natwest were totally useless. None of their products are competitive, and I've only stayed with them out of convenience as it's effort to move bank accounts over.

Anyhow, today they seem ot have come good. Visited a Pay@Pump petrol station in Longton near Stoke this lunchtime, and it appears my card was cloned there. Shortly afterwards my account was being used to buy jewellery in the States :rolleye:. Natwest have intercepted the transactions within 30 minutes, and have called me and had the card cancelled and issued a new one. They've also refunded the one transaction they couldn't block.

Nice to know your bank is looking out for you, hey. 
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=pvq8sqj4217d517dmljpqqhb1r&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Natwest to the rescue!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 03:44:05 pm »
TBH most banks are pretty hot when it comes to fraud. Halifax were superb when i was done for about 500 quid.  :happy2:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 03:46:51 pm »
I've been there. My Credit Card wouldn't work at Waitrose so I used my Debit card. Got home and there was a message on my answer phone from Natwest. I called them back and they told me they had stopped my Credit Card as someone had registered it on Napster. Fair enough. They then waived the few small charges and sent me a new card.

Top service in my book.  :happy2:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 06:24:37 pm »
Am with Lloyds, always found them to be average until I had my indentity stolen and then they really stepped up  and took complete control and dealing with their fraud department and being given your own "agent" thoughout the whole process made all the difference. Their "I.D. Aware" scheme is very good, giving me peace of mind that I should never be a victim again (fingers crossed).
The scum had cloned my cards, had new cards issued under my name, opened up savings accounts (that's how they start, by proving credit worthy and trustworthy and then after 6 months or so they apply for current accounts/overdrafts, credit cards under your name and rinse them alll and disappear) and had even applied for a mortgage under my name.
Only found out when one person got greedy and started buying expensive mobile phones from eBay and subscribing to cable tv in Canada (all with my "fake" accounts").
The Police were also very good in advising on future fraud prevention and I am now on some sort of list (can't remember what is is called) where my details are flagged if used.
Was assured from day one by Lloyds that I WAS NOT LIABLE for the debt accrued. The banks get a bad press nowadays (not completely unjustified) but I can attest to them also being live savers!!!
 :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 08:52:27 am »
I had a nice chap clone my card and bought himself a nice set of stairs for his house.  :laugh: he managed to spend £8900 in 3 days. I am with RBS and believe it or not he payed off some of his RBS credit card.  :rolleye: The funny thing about it though was even though they obviously could trace and prosecute him they just let it go because the amount was under there limit for court proceedings.  :surprised: and the bad publicity a court case would give out stripped the money recovery.  :booty: