Make a donation

Author Topic: Should they bring back hanging  (Read 10376 times)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Should they bring back hanging
« on: May 14, 2012, 09:21:07 pm »
Now i know people got hanged that were innocent but with todays dna tests it is 99.9% proof

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
Re: Should they bring back hanging
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 09:48:29 pm »
Technically, the death penalty still exists under EU Law. Now that all six euro treaty's were signed  :fighting: the death penalty can apply in times of war, perils of war, riot and insurrection. TECHNICALLY, the British Constitution ended on 1st Jan 2009...read it on the 'ternet, true story bro. ROFLMAO.
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 09:53:24 pm »
Probably not the best topic to discuss on a car forum IMO. Everyone has their opinion but this isn't the place really.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 10:00:15 pm »

When I saw the thread title I thought you'd returned to your car in supermarket carpark to find a dent / scratch  :grin:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 10:01:55 pm »
If you kill someone with intent you should have your life taken away from you. (IMVHO)

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 10:07:17 pm »
What about that City game yesterday eh?! Mental!

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 10:21:26 pm »
Shoot'em it would be cheaper only a couple of pence for a standard Nato round isn't it. 

We have tried for many decades now to rehabilitate prisoners and prison numbers continue to grow, so we don't seem to be moving to a high place.  We (society) and marketing companies have created an instant gratification society where the acquisition of material goods is seen as been the big thing.  Time we all learned respect for ourselves and others and that you have to be happy from within and taking away what someone else has should not be tolerate.  Lets remember that for the most part there are very few people who are hunger or cold in this country, so why behave in this way.

There are shipyard workers in Greece earning 5-600 euros a month and we have welfare groups over here saying it is not fair to limit a family to £500 a week in benefits.

Then there are the psycologist and probation boards that have to decide if someone is fit to be released back into society, and unfortunately sometimes they get it wrong and more innocent people suffer.

Tis one f**ked up system which ain't ever gonna be fixed.
Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 11:08:10 pm »
Probably not the best topic to discuss on a car forum IMO. Everyone has their opinion but this isn't the place really.
thats why its in random chat :signLOL:

When I saw the thread title I thought you'd returned to your car in supermarket carpark to find a dent / scratch  :grin:
keep well away from them mike take my g/f golf or the 8 seater

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 11:16:06 pm »
What about that City game yesterday eh?! Mental!
:signLOL:

Agree with the Death Penalty.
 As mentioned if you kill with intent (premeditated) then your fair game. If there's ANY doubt or ambiguity then life (and I mean life not 5-10 years with good behaviour, incredible system where you can murder etc and as long as your contrite and behave yourself we will let out early so that you can to do it again) inprisonment.
Am all for public execution as well, maybe sell tickets (we need to use that Olympic stadium for something after July), will raise money for the depleted exchequer  and why limit yourself to hanging, I quite like the idea in some Muslim countries where the victims/victims families are included in handing down the punishments.
Great thread BTW
 :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline keano

• Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 11:24:12 pm »

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 11:54:36 pm »
Being honest I don't like anyone taking someones life it's such a precious thing to lose

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 12:12:23 am »
In China they had to stop publicising when and where the executions were taking place as they became too popular with the spectators.  :confused:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 12:17:53 am »
Being honest I don't like anyone taking someones life it's such a precious thing to lose

Very true... so what punishment do you suggest? If i came to your house and shot a family member, what would a suitable punishment be for me?

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 12:34:01 am »

Very true... so what punishment do you suggest? If i came to your house and shot a family member, what would a suitable punishment be for me?

100%.  :congrats:

I had this very discussion with a load of guys at work.
An eye for an eye etc.

On the flip side of the coin I would also introduce a leg and arm removal for all yobs when proven guilty.  Eg.  A yob/hoody walks down your street and kicks your wing mirror off your car.  He's caught on CCTV doing the deed and is guilty beyond reasonable doubt!!!  Have his leg removed, or if he used his arm to do it, remove that - publicly if need be.  Trust me when I tell you that hoody/yob behaviour would drop drastically, and so would knife crime etc....
This country is far too much of a soft touch!! 
 :stupid:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 12:45:50 am »
Eye for an Eye, very much agree.

Murderers and paedophiles should be shot in the head (this way their blood and organs can be immediately removed and put to good use for those who need them), Rapists castrated (Not chemically, I mean physically!, even go as far as saying lop off his nob, leave him half an inch so he can piss but thats it! ) and car thieves should be strapped in an old banger and driven off the end of a cliff.

Known gang members/troublemakers should be forced to wear a shock collar (Tazer) around their necks that knock them out if they leave the house outside curfews.

And problem kids should be dealt with like in Singapore (Violence/Graffiti/drugs/criminal damage etc) they should get whipped with a split bamboo cane a dozen times.

Would soon bring crime levels down.

Drink drivers, not sure what to do with them, perhaps buy them a bus pass, maybe that would be punishment enough  :grin:

MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14